Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LY6 & T56 in 67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LY6 & T56 in 67 Camaro

I have a 2008 LY6 pullout with high miles that will be paired with an LS1 T56. 3.73 rear gears. I used the Holley LS conversion parts for the install (fit perfect so far with no seen issues). Have the 1 7/8" 3" collector headers to 3" exhaust.

This is mainly going to be a cruiser with the put the pedal down and have fun occasionally type car. So my question really will come with more opinions than hard core answers probably but searching I find nothing that satisfies me.

1. Keep current stock VVT cam setup with the added bolt-ons and new tune?
2. Go with a more agressive aftermarket VVT cam for street?
3. Do VVT delete and go with a typical aftermarket cam setup (LS3)?

I may be tearing into the engine anyway to do a rebuild if it looks like the miles have put to much wear on it. My goals are for it to be daily drive-able but have nice throw you in your seat type feel. For comparison, I have a slightly modified (CAI and tune) 08 GT500 and I want this ride to feel similar if not slightly more aggressive. I know the Camaro is much lighter so it wont take as much HP to get there but just comparing for info.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 568 Likes on 354 Posts

Do you have any pictures of the install using the Holley parts? I would be very interested to see those.

Oh, and personally I think that it would be pretty cool to keep the VVT and have your car get even better mileage on the highway. Just my opinion, but I have heard that the VVT components are weaker and could break if you are really working them.

Quick Reply: LY6 & T56 in 67 Camaro