Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powering up the original Chevelle fuse box

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powering up the original Chevelle fuse box

Evening, I currently am powering my original fuse box in the Chevelle using a power wire on a switch. I basically have to flip the switch and I can turn on my lights radio windshield wipers ext.... Is there another option to this. Can I run a wire off of the LS1 99 Camaro harness to that fuse box so it works without flipping a switch? If not do you know the size of the fused switch I should buy?

Thanks guys this swap was done in 2004 before people were doing them and I'm trying to fix the many bugs I am having. Plus the guy who did the swap for me left all of the Camaro wires in the car and all of the Chevelle wires so I have two harnesses worth of wires.

Again thanks
Old 03-31-2016, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you powering the Camaro harness and why is the Original harness not on the ignition?
Old 03-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Teching In

To be completely honest i'm not sure. I have the Camaro fuse box under the hood. The PCM under the hood. The Camaro fuse box is powered off the batt. The wire to the switch for to power the Chevelle fuse box is hot. When I switch it it runs power to the Chevelle fuse box powering up all the Chevelle stuff.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you are in spaghetti heaven!! The best advise I could give you would be to go the safe route and get yourself a nice harness to wire the car and pick up a swap harness from someone like PSI Conversions (really nice and good price). I just did a swap on a 67 Skylark and tried using the original harness and OEM truck harness which was just to much so I grabbed a Summit 18 circuit (which will do the entire car, front to back and give you a few extras like power windows and locks along with a/c). Picked up a PSI harness and used the coil feed (hot when key on and start) to run the PSI fuse box ignition feed and ran the battery feed from the ignition hot all time wire. Psi harness even has the relays to run the fuel pump if you choose (runs off computer and charges fuel pressure then cuts power till running). All in cost around $950 but well worth it and maybe a little cheaper if you run cable throttle body.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:15 AM
Staging Lane

I would think the Chevelle fuse box should be connected directly to the battery and not switched at all. I'm guessing someone installed the switch to eliminate draining the battery.

On my swap, I kept the Camaro under hood fuse boxes and run my firebird fuse box directly to batter power.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

/\ This.

The Chevelle fuse box should have a direct hot line to the battery or hot terminal on the starter. The camaro harness is actually damn near stand alone already and very easy to convert and remove the unwanted wires. LT1swap.com has all info you need.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Teching In

If I take the pcm and start to depin wires will it reset pcm and will I loose my tune

QUOTE=1964SS;19209233]/\ This.

The Chevelle fuse box should have a direct hot line to the battery or hot terminal on the starter. The camaro harness is actually damn near stand alone already and very easy to convert and remove the unwanted wires. LT1swap.com has all info you need.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Powering up the original Chevelle fuse box