Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch linkage adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch linkage adjustment

So I'm trying to figure out whether my LS swap is going to mate up correctly between the engine, trans, and clutch.

Centerforce has a very complicated approach that measures dimensions from the flywheel flange and the trans face, but since an LS motor has a different flange depth and flywheel thickness it's not easy to apply to my situation. The flywheel deck height doesn't help much when the flywheel flange is 0.400 different between the two.

At the end they show a picture of the fork and that it should have an acute angle. So the angle seems to override the measurements.

Hurst's site skips the measurements and just cares about the angle, like the picture below.

I have verified that my bellhousing face to flywheel surface is the same (within 0.02") between the LS and the big block, so I think that's the most important.

But am I safe to rely on the clutch fork angle as an indication that it's set up properly? I have an adjustable ball stud to make it right if its not.
Attached Thumbnails Clutch linkage adjustment-fork.png  
Old 04-17-2016, 04:17 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Short answer, yes. You need the fork angled forward away from the TO brg. like the diagram you posted.
If you started at -7deg. angle like your diagram, you would want to end up between 0 and +7deg. upon clutch release.
You have to ignore the crook in the fork shape and focus on the part of the fork near the TO brg.

Quick Reply: Clutch linkage adjustment