Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 into 94LT1 T/A ran but now won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 into 94LT1 T/A ran but now won't start

Hello, I swapped a 98 z28 LS1 into my 94 T/A. It started right up and all. Now after a few months later without driving bc my brakes are still no good, the car won't start, I turn the key and hear the pump prime and even smell fuel and nothing. I have been trying to do the VATs bypass. Between the key and the connector under the dash I get 1170-1180 ohms(key 5) but at the wire that goes to the BCM I get 5ohms; could it be my BCM? I don't understand how it could be good one min then bang, it's dead. My battery was drained after 2 months of not starting it and it was roughly a year old. Any suggestions, I really need to get this beast rolling since it's been hear for 2 years and now I need a car. Thanks to all.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Is it cranking at all? First thing I would do is send the PCM out and get VATS deleted. VATS seems to be funky every once in awhile. Sorry if that's what you meant by saying you bypassed it.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Exclamation

im in the process of doing the bypass. Thanks for the info everyone seems to point the fault at VATS. My radio dose cut out sometimes when i lower my windows and sometimes the power cuts off. I have noticed that my battery dies and i have had to replace it more then once within 3 years. Thanks for all the info guys.

Quick Reply: ls1 into 94LT1 T/A ran but now won't start