Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 canyon 5.3 swap/ temp sensor and gauge not reading correctly

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 02:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 canyon 5.3 swap/ temp sensor and gauge not reading correctly

I have a custom harness with the 3 pin plug and the 3 pin sensor, but when I look at my stock temp gauge (low-high) it shows 3/4 temp and I shut it down. I then hot my remote temp gun and the headers only say 200 degrees. My heads should be even less at the same time I would think. I'm using a 165 thermostat. What could be my problem and how do i fix this? Dual electric fans using the custom harness with relays and the e67 ecu to control them, but they do not turn on, I think because of the temp setting being higher in the ecu and the difference in readings.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Is your temp sender compatible with your gauge? Did they come as a pair? If you've got an OBD reader you can read the temp that the PCM is seeing to compare.

How are your steam vents tied in? If they are not tied in you can be trapping air in the heads.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1964SS
Is your temp sender compatible with your gauge? Did they come as a pair? If you've got an OBD reader you can read the temp that the PCM is seeing to compare.

How are your steam vents tied in? If they are not tied in you can be trapping air in the heads.
This is a 5.3 swap into a 07 gmc canyon. It originally came with the i5. I did a custom steam system using the kit from tfs but had to add a few fittings to make it work with my intake ,but yes all four corner are tied into the water pump.

I just got a Bluetooth obd2 device and I'm reading Temps on my phone. The gauge is off, but not by as much as I thought.

Thanks for your reply and help

Quick Reply: 07 canyon 5.3 swap/ temp sensor and gauge not reading correctly