Sponsored by:

LM7 Volvo 240 Swap - No Crank

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM7 Volvo 240 Swap - No Crank

Hello,

I'm working on a Volvo 240 LM7 swap using a 2001 Silverado LM7, 4L60E, harness, PCM and fuse box. I have it mostly together and am trying to sort out the wiring. I've been following the guide on LT1swap.com ( http://lt1swap.com/underhoodfuseblock.htm ). I have hooked up the 4 wires to the fuse box as suggested however the car does not crank with the key. Does anyone know if the starter has to be wired separately? I jumped the solenoid with a screw driver and the starter kicks over. I can also hear a clicking in the fuse box when I turn to 'start' position on the key which I assume is the starter relay. Any suggestions on trouble-shooting?

Both C100-C and C1-A9 are hooked up to wires that have 12V in both the run and start key position. C1-B11 is currently hooked up directly to the battery.

-Matt
Old 05-25-2017, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about this more - I'm going to check the neutral safety switch on the trans. The ignition system is wired through the Volvo neutral safety switch, but the PCM is wired to the trans neutral safety switch, so maybe it can crank but there is no fuel/spark due to trans neutral safety switch issue. It's also near the exhaust where I was working...

Quick Reply: LM7 Volvo 240 Swap - No Crank