Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Jeep Wrangler

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some reason I can't find one of the stock ac mounts that I know I have so I'm hunting for one of those. Keeping the truck accessories and everything fits really good. Took the 2" body lift off tonight and only had to trim a little bit of the body seem on each side. I used a truck eBay header for the passenger side and that will work really good and building the drivers side the same as most. Around the front of the oil pan to make a crossover for the two banks in 2 1/2" into 3" or 2 1/2" duals all the way out. Ordered all the fuel system parts, flywheel and PSI harness so hoping to have everything in by Sunday.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Launching!

On my build I spent a number of hours trying to decide on single or dual exhaust. I took the easy way out with a single 3" exhaust.

If I recall correctly I used a 3" Grand Cherokee aftermarket tail pipe. Fit the basic shape over the rear axle. Needed a bit of tweaking at the muffler to fit properly.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Dynomax 89006 Universal Dual Kit
This is the kit i ordered as it should have plenty of piping to run duals. Still need to get good quite muffler that has a good tone when wide open throttle. That is one of the specifics requests for this is it needs to be pretty quite at idle and cruising. Thanks for the tip on the tailpipe though, i will check it out.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Happy to help in regards to the tailpipe.

Just a note in regards to computer harnesses. I've purchased 6? Howell computer/harness combos. Always worked well. Note I have no connection to Howell other than a happy customer.

I really like the way Howell does relay and fuse layout. Less complicated than the way PSI does it. I purchased a PSI harness and was not happy with the way it was constructed. The short legs of the harness did not give you any way to hide the harness behind the engine. I spoke to PSI about this and they were good about returning the harness for full refund. So no disrespect to PSI. The PSI harness was less expensive but not to my liking. The Howell harness uses the braided wire cover not the plastic convoluted tubing that you buy at ACE hardware. My .02 of the plastic convoluted wire cover used by PSI looks cheap and is used because it is cheap.

I mounted the PCM on the fender brace near the master cylinder. If that's what you have in mind make sure the harness has the length to deal with that.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

Good advise. I did the PSI on the Skylark a few months back

Maybe they changed them as far as the length. It went through the fire wall at the steering column (factory hole location) and across the entire dash to the glove box where I mounted the PCM. I agree with the split loom but it has a factory look and this isn't gonna be an award winner at any shows by far but I do want it to look like it came from Jeep assembly line. I am a believer that all vehicles should have come factory with the LS/Vortec. Hahaha
Old 09-11-2016, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Engine is in for good.

Header for drivers side is done, on and exhaust is started.

Gauge cluster is done, wired and back together.

Coming together bit by bit, waiting on parts is slowing everything down. I guess the flywheel is on backorder, won't know till Monday and have not heard about the harness yet. If any one has an option other than Novak for the flywheel that uses the LUK 04-049 clutch setup, please post link or brand so I can get it ordered and have the drive train done.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Finally got time to get most of the wiring together and fire it up. Gauge work except for the fuel level which I don't know for sure it did prior to pulling everything.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:13 AM
TECH Regular

Exhaust is done and pretty much everything drive train is wrapped up. Just a few interior pieces left to throw back in and should be good.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:41 AM
TECH Regular

First Drive!!
Old 11-13-2016, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! It must feel great to get in and have it move you down the road. Can you post a pic of your transmission/transfer case mount? I have a Rock Krawler long arm kit on mine and will be using the upper frame channel for my mounts. Always looking for ideas.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

I will post it up later today or this week. We gave it to the guys Wife on Tuesday as it was her Birthday present. Of course the new tail light had the reverse wire to the park light on the drivers side and caused a few issues, but I actually figured it out and had it fixed in about 20mins so was super happy. It rips on and offroad!!! Sorry, as for the mount I used the AX5 mount which worked good with minor persuasion.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:52 AM
TECH Regular

Found these little gems last night when I pulled the rear diff cover. Drivers side axle spins freely while making a sweet clicking sound which I can only assume is snapped.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

New arrival!

Went in pretty smooth.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Jeep has been running and driving for a while. Stock axle ate itself prior to purchasing Jeep but she has a brand new G2 Core 44 with True track.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Bluetooth LED's in and lit.

Quick Reply: 97 Jeep Wrangler