Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adapting stock trans lines.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Adapting stock trans lines.

Has anyone cut the stock trans lines from a 4L60e and adapted them for braided lines or something that will make it easier to run the lines into the ports on the radiator?
Old 08-31-2016, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the OD of the line. THe lines on my 4L65E (2006 GTO) were some kind of aluminum and the OD was over sized for 3/8" fittings. Best bet is to get the Mastercool flaring tool and order the push-in flare dies for the GM trans lines and make your own.

Or buy AN adapters and make them that way.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I use the Mastercool hydraulic flaring tool and make my transmission lines using NiCopp line. I use the same tool to make quick disconnect fuel lines.

I personally don't like AN fittings and braided hose due to the expense and excessive leak potential (multiple fittings) in an automotive environment. Especially on a street car.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Thanks..

My buddy talked me into pulling the factory stuff and plumbing with AN fittings and line. There are banjo style fittings that will make it easy to do with the trans still in the car. I'll post the part numbers tomorrow after I grab the fittings incase anyone else needs it.

Quick Reply: Adapting stock trans lines.