Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have a 95gt - I want a 10.50 to 10.70 Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcefed86
Less weight the better. If you can find a roller with a cage and a decent rear end in it you'll be way ahead. Look at racingjunk.com and CL for rollers. Need at least a 6pt cage for 10.70's. Notches got popular in the last 5-6 years, so the price is up. It's pretty hard to beat the fox body aftermarket though so it's probably still one of the cheapest platforms to start with.

Point the header back on the side with the AC compressor and run the cross over behind the car and under the trans.

Like so... with your mild power goals you can use 2" piping on the cross over.

Look for 2005 and up LS engines, most of them have the stronger rods and full floating pistons.

Does anyone know pricing yet for the manifold yet?

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
Does anyone know pricing yet for the manifold yet?

Thanks.
I've heard the pricing on the new Hooker turbo manifold kit (manifolds only) will be $499.00. The crossover tube assembly will also be available as a separate part number, but I've not heard what the pricing will be yet.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Great pricing!!! Now I have I problem, stage 2 of my build will happen, and I have to rethink stage 1. LOL.

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mustangpwr98
Does anyone know if an LS1 swapped SN95 would pass the annual VA state inspection? I do not have emissions in my county. I hate to build it then not be able to pass inspection.

I can't get a clear answer- the VA website says that emissions equipment has to be in place .... Seems like a pain in the *** to swap all that to a mustang. Nothing says the motor had to be a ford, but I can see them not liking it.

I tied to go to several inspections stations and ask but they all think your trying to buy an inspection even though I tell them up front I will have nothing to do with that and I'm just asking a question.

Can't register a car historic until 25 year in VA. MD (my home state) is 20 years. They are not making this as easy as it should be o
most VA inspections I know of are visual only for emissions....so as long as it looks like it has cats then it will pass...try to go to a "normal" shop versus a high end place like Goodyear or the like, if that makes sense. Just drive in and ask for inspection, say no more about the swap...probably won't even notice.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info.

Is their an alternative to a Chinese turbo that is about the size of the vs racing 7875? I don't like Chinese turbos, but I also didn't want to spend 1500 which is why I looked at the master power. I learned in this thread that it is not the best so I am looking for other choices.

Do you all run tube k members on the street? I just worry if I was in an accident etc... As this is mainly a street car. The AJE seems the easiest as it has a matching crossmember for the th400. Are any stronger than the rest? The maximum motor sports seems to get mixed reviews when using it for an ls1 swap- but it looks stronger
Old 09-16-2016, 01:49 PM
8 Second Club

Received 754 Likes on 553 Posts

You can ge the hurricane series turbonetics pretty reasonably. S400 is a better turbo by far if you can fit it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnt-11534

http://www.jegs.com/i/Turbonetics/88...FQqoaQodWw8GAA

Quick Reply: Have a 95gt - I want a 10.50 to 10.70 Car