Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4th gen rear end in 3rd gen, brake lines question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th gen rear end in 3rd gen, brake lines question.

My friend told me that the stock brake lines for the rear drums in my 92 camaro rs wont work for the disk brakes on a 4th gen rear end im putting in. That doesnt suprise me, but I was just wondering what brake lines to get, where to they go (im keeping my stock front disk brakes for now) and what kind of labor is involved?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:45 AM
TECH Veteran

no real labor involved, just use the 4th gen lines. you can use your stock rubber line coming down from the body and your stock tee off of the rubber line. The 4th gen lines will thread into them and go to the calipers. I would get a 4th gen rear brake setup, should have backing plates, parking brake cables(wont work with out fabricating a bracket), calipers, rotors and the brake lines you need. as for the parking brake, i use 90 model camaro disc brake parking brake cables, but make sure you get the longer ones, the dealer lists 2 different lengths, you need both of the longer ones and they will fit.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea ive orderd the calipers rotors and pads, i just need to get the backing plates and brake lines. Im not too worried about the e brake right now. I have an auto so its not all that important, but it will get done. Thanks a lot for the help.

Quick Reply: 4th gen rear end in 3rd gen, brake lines question.