Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Chevy Express harness...swap into ex V6 gmt800 truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017 | 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Default 07 Chevy Express harness...swap into ex V6 gmt800 truck

Hello all,

First off, sorry if this may be in the wrong section, but I thought the swap folks may be more savvy with van harness questions.

Long story short, I used an 07 Chevy express as a donor V8 swap for my 2006 Sierra. The engine is a gen 3 4.8 with a 4l80...weird hey! The van harness differs from the truck harness at the fuse block connections.
A few of the smaller connectors nearest the fuse block are my main concern. There are other minor differences but I will worry about them later. I'm wondering if anyone has pinout information for the vans. I have been googling my face off, but have not really tracked down which connectors are what?

Here are the vans connectors layed out in the truck at the fuse box. The fuse block plug doesn't fit the trucks much to my chagrin. The wide black connector labeled body plug doesn't match up, and neither does the 2 wire plug with cap.

Here are two connectors from the trucks harness that don't have matches from the vans harness, also at the fuse box. They would normally be under the fuse box.

As a bonus, I also have this gem on the negative cable which I can't remember what it was plugged into on the V6 harness

Any help is much appreciated
Old 01-11-2017 | 02:58 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

The thing on the negative battery cable is the generator battery control module, I would assume the vans have them too, but not sure. Your swap is doable, but in my opinion, you'd be better off getting a 2006 truck harness and repinning just the 4l80e part, that would make italmost plug and play versus splicing a bunch of connectors. Does the van gas pedal bolt inyour truck?
Old 01-11-2017 | 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Ok cool. The van did not have that batt module. I took the neg and positive cables with it, along with the tac module, ecm, bcm, and steering column. I was thinking along the lines of looking for another harness. Unfortunately it sounds like that may be the only good option right now. The van harness also has external heater controls, brake sensor, horn, and some other things that the trucks don't have. I have not tried to mount the pedal yet, so i'm not sure if there are differences. Looks the same as all the other pedals from pictures anyways.

Does it matter if another donor harness is 4x4? 99.9% of the trucks in salvage around are all 4 wheel drive. Will it affect anything or throw codes for lack of 4x4 sensor activity? If its fine then I may just look for a 3/4 ton harness since its 4l80, then I wouldn't have to change anything.

Also would there be differences in the van ecm? Would i be better off finding a truck ecm also?
Old 01-11-2017 | 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

There would be a few extra wires for the 4x4 part but you could just remove them. As for the PCM, the van would be the same but the tune might be a little different.
Old 01-11-2017 | 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

I would probably just leave them tied up with the trans portion of the harness, unless I have to remove them. I just located an 05 5.3 harness for 100 bucks, so it sounds like im off to the races again. Thanks for your help.

Aaron

Quick Reply: 07 Chevy Express harness...swap into ex V6 gmt800 truck