Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM mounting (LS Swap)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as there's enough room between the firewall and the inner fender I don't see any issue. The photo shows that there are holes there, does something else mount in that spot?

I used the C5 mounting bracket in that spot on my Monte Carlo so that it would hold the TAC module, but the Monte Carlo has more room in that area than most GM cars of that era.
https://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?...t_detail&p=743
Old 10-23-2021, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks to whoever revived the zombie thread here. It saved me a search.

I was looking for some wisdom about this as someone thought it would be a good idea to just zip tie the PCM to the steering column in the LS swapped 1947 DeSoto I'm working on now. It's only a matter of time before the wires fatigue and crack and I'm chasing electrical gremlins everywhere.

I'll have to see if the harness is long enough to get to the firewall in closer to the middle of the car. If not, I'll use some u-bolt clamps on the column to attach a mounting bracket. It looks like the S10/Blazer bracket is the way to go from what I see on this thread. I actually have a few of those in the parts bins in the shop.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

So this is where I decided to put mine. Going to cut that bracket back flush with the fire wall and weld a piece of square stock between the firewall and the cowl and use nutzerts in the square stock to bolt it down.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts

Mine fits perfectly on top of the glove box and under the dash cap of my 1970 Chevy El Camino - no PCM bracket required. This would likely work with any 68-72 GM A-body vehicle though there could be complications here with aftermarket air conditioning systems. The Classic Auto Air Conditioning system that I'm using did not require me to lose the back half of the glove box capacity but some systems do require this. Basically, for some AC systems, the new evaporator case occupies the same space as the back end of the glove box and the glove box loses the fight here.

Rick

Quick Reply: ECM mounting (LS Swap)