Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions Regarding LY6 6l90 swap into CJ7

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Questions Regarding LY6 6l90 swap into CJ7

I have the opportunity to pick up an Ly6 6.0 and 6l90 (2wd) out of an 07 2500HD. It has the harness, computer, pedal, etc. I am looking at putting this in my 81 CJ7. My CJ7 currently has the 258 straight 6 mated up to a 93 Chevy NV4500 with a Dana 300 behind it.

I have found a decent amount of info here as well as talked to Advanced Adapters and Novak. I have a decent idea of what my options are regarding using the 6l90 or keeping the NV4500.

I still have a few questions I have not gotten solid answers too.

VSS - Some threads indicate there isn't one, others indicate, there is a place you modify HPtuners, and others seem to say they just added one. I have also read that it is not a typical VSS. I am trying to figure out how I would go about adding that to my NV4500 or even the 6l90 if I convert to 4WD using adapters for my Dana300. Has anyone personally dealt with this on an LY6?

Manually shifting the 6l90. It sounds like there are some shifter options out of a G8 or other vehicle that can accomplish this best, but not too many options currently. Is that accurate?

Fuel delivery - what are my best options for getting a fuel pump into a stock CJ tank? I have seen several options, but have no real experience with this. I am looking for something reliable.

I am sure there are other things I am forgetting, but those are the ones I keep coming back without solid answers. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Questions Regarding LY6 6l90 swap into CJ7