Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 LQ4 Swap Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 LQ4 Swap Questions

Hello everyone. I have an odd project im looking at beginning soon. I have a 1978 Ford Thunderbird. It currently has a 302 and c4 trans. Im planning on transplanting a early 2000s LQ4 and 4l60. Im going to get the engine, trans, accessory bracket and accessories plus starter. Not going to have ac. Im planning on running a holley fuel pump back on the frame with a corvette fuel filter assy. Going to have an aluminum driveshaft made after driveline is installed. I am a senior tech for gm so the wiring isnt going to be a problem and I have connections to get it tuned and have vats eliminated. Question is motor mounts and trans crossmember/mount? What would be the best way to do the mounts? Make plates to bolt the stock ford engine mounts to and just relocate the stock trans crossmember? Plan on keeping the engine bay clean and open cause after working bugs out of the initial swap i plan on maybe either installing twins on it or a blower. Car already has 9" rear end. I plan on probably beefing up the trans before installing. Engine will be getting heads messaged and cam installed before dropping in. Everything will be resealed prior to install. Also what would be the best way to make the fuel lines? Ask me any questions and ill get you info. Thanks alot for all the information and knowledge.

Quick Reply: 6.0 LQ4 Swap Questions