Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another confussed accessory bracket shoper

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another confussed accessory bracket shoper

My head hurts from these searches and so I'm asking for help/opinions. My parts-
5.3 with ls6 intake dbc throttle
I have f-body balancer,water pump and a turn one f-body pump (it has the integrated reservoir) and no brackets at all. I need to raise the alternator up and the a.c. compressor up . It's going in a s-10 clip. I looked at the holley set up and like it but don't think the pump will work or at least it needs a different reservoir. It says it needs a corvette pump? Anyone have any experience with these pumps? Are the reservoirs Changeable? Can you change the inlet tubes orientation? Opinions on other aftermarket suppliers like lssimple or lsx creations ect... I don't really.like the stuff pushed way up and out but the stock f-body brackets wont work and the engine is super tight to the crossmember. Thanks for any help charlie
Old 02-15-2017, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I suggest contacting the manufacturers you listed and asking them if your current hardware is compatible. That way you have a definite answer from the source instead of trying to luck into someone who may have successfully traversed the same mine field in a way that suits your setup (unlikely).
Old 02-16-2017, 05:04 AM
Launching!

Remote resevoir pumps are not the same as integral resevoir pumps. Look at March or vintageair. Summit has a new line of accessory drives too that are more reasonably priced. Holley stuff is OK but but it pushes up and out like you mention.

Take a look though I am not sure it would fit: https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...lar-march.html
Old 02-16-2017, 05:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 465 Likes on 351 Posts

Could be wrong -- but suspect you'll have a hard time mounting the alternator above a pump with integral reservoir.... Either a different pump/remote res or a low mount alt - which it sounds like you don't have room for.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just go with the Holley set up. You can get the ps pump cheap at any parts store $97 get one for a 97 vette. You might need a smaller ps pulley. if the ctsv pulley doesn't make it around the steering box, dirty dingo sells a 5 in pulley for the corvette pump. The Holley set up also uses a truck alt. Very common and cheap. The only thing that sucks is the ps res is a 100$
Old 02-18-2017, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

In my truck, the Corvette setup was the ticket. I am not heading toward a turbo setup, and am going to change my setup for more room down low. Take a look at ICT Billet/ Speedway. They both offer some decent prices on brackets.

The bracket setup I am looking at not, requires a F-Body PS pump. (ICT Billet) That might be just what your looking for.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would call these guys, they might have what you need and use some of the parts you have already.

http://www.lssimple.net/s10-kits/s-10
Old 02-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Teching In

thanks for all the replies. I wish I didn't have to deal with air conditioning that would make it alot more fun. Ict billet had nice stuff and good prices. I ordered alot of the other stuff I needed from them . I like lssimple too just looks more race car than I want. But maybe I should change direction and just make it a race car anyway. All ways wanted to do a turbo set up and blown flathead are a thing of my past thank God. I tell you what went wrong, I bought someone else a parts and didn't know enough to understand they got it wrong. At least it was cheap but like dad used to say, sometimes free cost alot. Thanks again. I better just pick a style or theme and go from there. Cars at a body shop now getting my **** ups fixed and so I have a few weeks to get it right . Sometimes I get overwhelmed trying to learn everything all over. Was easier when I was a kid lol but **** carbs right!

Quick Reply: Another confussed accessory bracket shoper