Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Swap Power Steering Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Swap Power Steering Issues

I've got a '73 Camaro we are finishing an LS2/T56 swap on and have a steering issue we can't sort out. The car runs a factory '05 GTO accessory drive and a factory '73 Camaro power steering system linked by a high-pressure hose made by a local hotrod parts supplier. The power steering works fine at idle and while driving moderatly but as soon as you get into the throttle heavily it starts to aerate the fluid and push it out the cap along with making noise and loosing power steering boost. We have checked for leaks and issues in the system and found none; I'm wondering if there is something simple I'm missing here or if anyone else has experienced something similar? I've searched all over and found nothing! Thanks guys.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Never had the problem myself but seems the pump is running out of fluid at higher RPM which is hard to believe or air is being introduced some other way. The reservoir for some pumps have a second return for hyroboost is yours like that? Is the return line larger than the pressure line? By chance is the low pressure hard line on the reservoir got a crimp in it?

Quick Reply: LS2 Swap Power Steering Issues