Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)

Hey everyone, first off I don't usually post so if this is in the wrong place i'm sorry, secondly I have finally gotten my 2000 firebird back on the road, she used to be a v6 with the y82 sports package and the steering rack out of the trans am. I dropped a 2000 LS1 out of a trans am into her a couple of years back (wire harness and all) and ran the car until my inspection expired and focused on suspension work and the interior until i could go and get a tune. I recently got a quick basic tune just to reassign the VIN and some very minor tweaking to take away the stock flaws. Any way I finally have passed inspection and have been driving her around, she runs amazing and everything but I have noticed that when I launch all of my dash lights come on the car dies completely for a brief millisecond and then everything starts back up and the car accelerates beautifully, its only on the hard launch that it happens. this is a cable driven throttle body so I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on this kind of problem, of course the computer would be the first place id start but physically everything seems fine and secure, I do also have an issue with electrical on my passenger side i get a whine from my alternator and my passenger mid speakers cut in and out, was just curious as to if this could be related to everything or if its just a bad amp or something ( i just rewired the whole audio with new wiring and speakers). thanks for any help guys, I know its an electrical thing so it could be a thousand reasons electrical just happens to be my downfall so I figured id ask and see if anyone has happen to have this similar problem. thanks again and i added some pics if anyone has any comments on the build as well! (the black line on the driver door isnt a stripe.... its a rachet strap holding the door skin on because the glue dried out and it fell off lol)
Attached Thumbnails electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)-message_1494449525129.jpg   electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)-message_1495227346709.jpg   electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)-20170520_172154.jpg   electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)-20170520_172131.jpg   electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)-20170520_172143.jpg  

electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)-message_1495227329001.jpg  

Quick Reply: electrical loss on hard accel (v6 to v8 build)