Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC issues sanden 508

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017 | 08:12 PM

Default AC issues sanden 508

So guys I'm new to ls1 tech so I have a 1985 c10 with 2003 5.3 I bought the dirty dingo ac kit has the sanden 508 compressor my gauges are reading good but is not blowing cold air my accumulator is not cold but my liquid right where the orfis tube is at is cold it's like if it's spinning backwards could that be the problem that the compressor is spinning backwards? If anyone has an idea or has ran in into the same issue I would appreciate your help thanks
Old 06-25-2017 | 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

How's it plumbed?
Old 06-25-2017 | 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
How's it plumbed?
I have the return line the thicker one from the compressor to the accumulator the smaller line liquid line to my condenser
Old 06-25-2017 | 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

if the compressor was going backwards then your pressures would not be correct on the gauge.

If you using the stock c10 evaporator the fixed orifice tube may be clogged.

What are your pressures reading high and low? what is your ambient temperature?

What is the temperature of the Condenser?
Old 06-25-2017 | 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Compsystems
if the compressor was going backwards then your pressures would not be correct on the gauge.

If you using the stock c10 evaporator the fixed orifice tube may be clogged.

What are your pressures reading high and low? what is your ambient temperature?

What is the temperature of the Condenser?
my low side reads 30-35 high side reads 250-300 I have a electric fan to push air through the condenser i don't know my condenser temp what should the temp be there ?
Old 06-25-2017 | 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lsfreak88
my low side reads 30-35 high side reads 250-300 I have a electric fan to push air through the condenser i don't know my condenser temp what should the temp be there ?

according to the r134a chart, your AC pressures are way off. (Google "r134a chart")

Looks like Ike there is a restriction somewhere. Probably the orifice tube like stated before.

the condenser temp will be proportional to the amount of heat the evaporator is pulling out of the cab.

Last edited by Compsystems; 06-25-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-25-2017 | 11:31 PM

according to the r134a chart, your AC pressures are way off. (Google "r134a chart")

Looks like Ike there is a restriction somewhere. Probably the orifice tube like stated before.

the condenser temp will be proportional to the amount of heat the evaporator is pulling out of the cab.
ok I'll check orfis for restrictions I appreciate your help I'll let you know if I find anything
Old 06-25-2017 | 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Looks like Ike there is a restriction somewhere. Probably the orifice tube in the evaporator. like stated before.

did you pull a full vacuum before charging the system?

Old 06-25-2017 | 11:40 PM

Looks like Ike there is a restriction somewhere. Probably the orifice tube in the evaporator. like stated before.

did you pull a full vacuum before charging the system?

I did pull a vacuum went into negative digits did everything correct its not my first ac system the thing that gets me is that it was working fine and from one day to another it took a crap
Old 06-26-2017 | 12:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lsfreak88
I did pull a vacuum went into negative digits did everything correct its not my first ac system the thing that gets me is that it was working fine and from one day to another it took a crap

Did you use stop leak at any time, or the 134 can mixed with stop leak? It's a known issue to clog the orifice.

Youll need to pull a full vacuum for at least 30 minutes with a hot engine bay to remove all air/moisture. The pressures you listed could also be from air in the system.

"negative digits" isn't going to cut it.

Quick Reply: AC issues sanden 508