Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello from spokane need help with ls swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello from spokane need help with ls swap

I have a very nice single cab 1993 k3500. that just lacks power I wanna do a 5.3 swap because I have a friend who will give me one for free. It's from a 99 gmc I've never tried to do a swap like this before and basically need pointed in the right direction I pretty much need a parts list. I'm not trying to do this on a tight budget either. things I can do I can pull the old motor easy and using conversion mounts install the new one. The things I don't I know anything about are all the wiring and computers and if my stock transmission will work. any help is greatly appreciated
Old 08-07-2017, 12:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got a lot of reading to do or pay someone. LSX engines have the same bell housing pattern as Gen 1's minus one bolt. You need to know what parts to run for the torque converter. I run a t400 on my 8 second TT LSX camaro.

Wiring is easy once you've done a few. Check out this site: lt1swap.com

Last edited by code4; 08-07-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 476 Likes on 366 Posts

Make sure you get the entire wiring package from under the hood.
Get the ECU AND the transmission if you can. Things just work better when they area ll from the same home for a basic swap. (I'm assuming you just want the newer engine.. )

READ on here a lot, especially the stuff about wiring. There is a guy down here in Vancouver WA that does full service on swaps (He can mod the harness, and flash the ECU for you)

A 3500 has plenty of room so your mostly going to be mechanical fitting and adjusting then wiring..

Read the pages on the adapter company web pages they have some pics of adapter motor mounts and tranny mounts that show the differences.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: hello from spokane need help with ls swap