Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Front Engine Plates w/ Alternator and PS

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017 | 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Default LS3 Front Engine Plates w/ Alternator and PS

I've been searching (but mostly with my phone) for some from engine plates that have provisions for both an alternator and power steering. So far I have only seen one with an alternator provision. I'd prefer to keep everything upper mounted like the Corvette drive is. Anyone have options they know of?
Old 09-04-2017 | 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by my bandit
I've been searching (but mostly with my phone) for some from engine plates that have provisions for both an alternator and power steering. So far I have only seen one with an alternator provision. I'd prefer to keep everything upper mounted like the Corvette drive is. Anyone have options they know of?
What year/model of car are you asking in reference to?
Old 09-04-2017 | 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

ICT billet
Old 09-05-2017 | 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Toddoky
What year/model of car are you asking in reference to?
It's a full custom tube chassis. The current plates are setup for a SBC and are 1/2" thick aluminum. Unfortunately these won't be able to be modified but the rear wishbone mounts will.

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
ICT billet
I looked at them but they don't have the option for an alternator or PS provision....
Old 09-05-2017 | 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by my bandit
It's a full custom tube chassis. The current plates are setup for a SBC and are 1/2" thick aluminum. Unfortunately these won't be able to be modified but the rear wishbone mounts will.

I looked at them but they don't have the option for an alternator or PS provision....
The best engine mount set-up to use when desiring to use low-mount accessories is 4th-gen F-body mounts. Doing so removes the forward cantilever effect in the engine brackets that is usually common with using SB Chevy mounts.
Old 09-05-2017 | 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

The best engine mount set-up to use when desiring to use low-mount accessories is 4th-gen F-body mounts. Doing so removes the forward cantilever effect in the engine brackets that is usually common with using SB Chevy mounts.
I'm not sure what you are speaking about. Are you talking about the engine mounts or the accessory mounts? If you're speaking about the engine mounts, I will only be using the front plate/rear wishbone style. That's my only option and that's currently what was in use with the SBC in there. I just need a front plate setup with provisions for the accesssories I need. If not, I will have to modify the accessory brackets to bolt through the plate mount and into the engine itself.
Old 09-05-2017 | 02:40 PM
Staging Lane
15 Year Member

Checkout the billet mount from Speedway Motors, its one chunk of billet aluminum and mounts both the PS and Alt. I used another idler to get more belt wrap on the alternator.
Attached Images   
Old 09-05-2017 | 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 968ls1
Checkout the billet mount from Speedway Motors, its one chunk of billet aluminum and mounts both the PS and Alt. I used another idler to get more belt wrap on the alternator.
That's EXACTLY what I may need. I knew something was out there. I'm not a huge fan of them both being mounted to the head as I've heard it can cause a head gasket leak but I'm not going to be pushing high HP on this.

Looks like it's this combo
http://www.racecraft.com/index.php?m...3873d2e4f9c9a5

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/F-Body...SABEgLl9_D_BwE

Last edited by my bandit; 09-05-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2017 | 06:12 PM
Banned

Yeah, my mistake, I thought you were talking about engine mounting plates.
Old 09-05-2017 | 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, my mistake, I thought you were talking about engine mounting plates.
I was if there was an option to run an alternator and power steering pump. I've yet to find one with both provisions but it seems the combo I have above will clear what I need

Quick Reply: LS3 Front Engine Plates w/ Alternator and PS