Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I going to have 6.0 envy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017 | 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rpturbo
Do you have that relief hole drilled in yours? Sounds like the exact same issue Denmah had at one point, and many, many others.
I have the line to lube valve installed and it's supposed to do the same thing.
Probably not as good tho.
The weird thing is I disconnected the controller and it idles ok in gear. I didn't drive it that way. Just back and forth in the driveway.
175psi at idle tho and 230+ in reverse.
I also was able to lower the idle to 900 which I never could do.
Old 11-16-2017 | 04:45 PM
Banned

That is distinctive how the high pressure made it seem like it loosened the converter. We need a trans expert now to tell us why or how it happens. I wonder if that was what I was seeing with mine without realizing it. I still haven't been able to play with trans settings because of school but I think there is a correlation and we can somehow control the in-gear "pull of the engine" by adjusting something.
Old 11-16-2017 | 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
....we can somehow control the in-gear "pull of the engine" by adjusting something.
(Chuckle!) Adjust by putting a manual transmission in. Control then falls to your right hand and foot.

Been following along and enjoying the thread. FWIW -- I debated on engine size/selection when I did my swap last year. Finally bit the bullet and put a 6.2L in. The pain only lasted a short time.
Old 11-16-2017 | 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Michael Yount
The pain only lasted a short time.
Decent power is a great anesthetic, right?
Old 11-16-2017 | 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Comfortably numb....
Old 11-16-2017 | 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Comfortably numb....
Nice Pink Floyd reference...
Old 11-19-2017 | 10:31 AM
Banned

(Chuckle!) Adjust by putting a manual transmission in. Control then falls to your right hand and foot.

Been following along and enjoying the thread. FWIW -- I debated on engine size/selection when I did my swap last year. Finally bit the bullet and put a 6.2L in. The pain only lasted a short time.
the issue here is dry friction material that burns up and splatters the inside of the bellhousing when we use the manual transmission to accomplish this feature. An automatic can achieve partial-slippage without rubbing dry friction is the main benefit so it then falls to us to adjust the performance of the fluid coupling event so that it maximizes whatever features we desire. As far as having control of the car, I see a lot of settings in the HPtuner software and I don't understand half of them but I can imagine there are ways to adjust all manner of automatic trans-behavior, shifting character, where a manual trans is more or less limited to a unique finesse with a single button.

Quick Reply: Am I going to have 6.0 envy?