Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No gas pedal response LFX conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017 | 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Default No gas pedal response LFX conversion

Hello,
I have 2 RX8 LFX conversions in the shop right now and they are both all but done except the gas pedal does nada. Squat. Zilch. Both cars are using an E39 PCM with a base tune from a 2014 Camaro. Throttle body, wire harness and PCM are all sourced from the same year and model.

Both cars start and idle. I have bled the cooling system and I can plug in and monitor with both a scan tool and have downloaded the base tune with HP Tuners. So far I have done the pedal relearn procedure and tried different pedals. I have pinned out all six pins from the blue connector on the pcm to A-F on the pedal. Everything is in order. Also checked pin continuity to the throttle body. All is as it should be. I can't find anything in the HP file that would enable or disable pedal operation but I'm not really fluent with the E39. It has a lot of differences from earlier processors.

I'm getting a crank relearn code but that shouldn't keep pedal from responding. I base that on a few others I've done.

Any and all suggestions welcome. I am also going to post in pcm and diagnostics. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-21-2017 | 09:41 PM
Launching!

So the pedal will not work if you have a ECU that is set to automatic transmission and you are not using the original trans. This is because the throttle works off of torque management. It looks for engine and axle torque. If no trans is there then no throttle. Also if the high pressure fuel sensor is left unplugged then no throttle as well.

Here is my video with me fooling around with one. It is now in a Datsun car running.

Last edited by vannatta20; 12-22-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-26-2017 | 08:59 AM
On The Tree

So is there settings I can change with in HP tuners that will enable the throttle based on trans selection. Both engine have their original transmissions still hooked up. One auto and one standard but neither have their original pcm. I'll look into high pressure fuel sensor as well. Thanks.

Quick Reply: No gas pedal response LFX conversion