Sponsored by:

15 Camaro LSX 6l80e harness thoughts 72 C10

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15 Camaro LSX 6l80e harness thoughts 72 C10

Hello
I've completed the DOD delete and added a Texas speed VVT-1.2 cam. I'm having the transmission tail shaft converted. Now I'm at the hard part or so I think. I have the complete car wiring harness with all modules and column, pedal, so on.

Looking at this pile of wire and only having the pin out sheets for the ecm tcm and bcm, this appears to be a nightmare. I've been trying to power up the ecm tcm to pull the program with the obdii in the body harness. No luck! No power at obdii. Any quick thoughts on what I could be missing?

The real question is, should I just buy a harness being I want tap shift and cruise control to work? Seems to be limited info available on this generation. Forgive me if I missed it somewhere.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2017, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by MBrownz71

The real question is, should I just buy a harness being I want tap shift and cruise control to work? Seems to be limited info available on this generation. Forgive me if I missed it somewhere.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Michael
If you're comfortable doing the wiring, getting a harness built specifically for what you want, might be the simplest, if not the least expensive option.

Andrew
Old 12-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply.

It's not the wiring that scares me. It's more about all the trouble I'm having trying to get the info I need. My local dealer is no help. I honestly think it's over their heads.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the reply.

It's not the wiring that scares me. It's more about all the trouble I'm having trying to get the info I need. My local dealer is no help. I honestly think it's over their heads.
The dealer is not going to help you at all. They have zero incentive to do that. You need access to all of the factory wiring diagrams. Is something like Alldata an option?

Andrew
Old 12-30-2017, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

I vote John at www.Speartech.com They do real nice harness coverings now when asked and they can provide the tap shift shifter too.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:02 PM
Teching In

All data may be exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you

Speartech is a great option but at $1600.00 it's not the cheapest. But time is money. I've got some thinking to do.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

All data may be exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you

Speartech is a great option but at $1600.00 it's not the cheapest. But time is money. I've got some thinking to do.
Alldata has a 5 day free thing going on...might be enough to get what you need. Keep us posted.

Andrew
Old 12-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Alldata has a 5 day free thing going on...might be enough to get what you need. Keep us posted.

Andrew
Thanks for the info.

I have the pin outs for the ecm bcm and tcm. I know I need the engine diagram and probably a diagram for the bcm,tcm. Do you know of anything else I would need to get at the same time being its a 5 day program? Much appreciated!

Michael

Quick Reply: 15 Camaro LSX 6l80e harness thoughts 72 C10