Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90 caprice

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 02:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 caprice

my great uncle has one of these that he does not drive that is the same color as my truck. i plan on fixing it up(need a car and its big and rwd) the only thing i dont want that old tbi motor in it. i was wondering how hard it would be to convert it to 98-02 350 ls1 ...i know i will need the wiring, ecm, trans, motor of course, fans and some sort of radiator. im just curious what all else is needed. i plan to replace the speedo and install a tach........so it shows higher than 85. but what about the driveshaft motor mounts etc...
Old 07-04-2004, 02:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

You'v got your work but out for you! Probably need to modify the oil pan or cut the engine saddle/crossmember to vlear. Need custom motor mounts and trans mount/rear crossmember. A lot of work but cetainly a nice project car when done!
Old 07-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really i didnt figure here would be that much difference in the way the ls1 mounts in...is there any other motor that may fit easy. id imagine the lt1 would not have many problems but prefer the ls1. is it possible to use a later caprices parts to make it fit w/o major cutting. i know the 90 and 91 caprice shared the same motor just a different air intake.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:33 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

An LT1 would drop right in. Just minor tweaking to existing motor mounts.