Sponsored by:

2001 5.3 to 79 camaro wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2001 5.3 to 79 camaro wiring questions

Hi:

I am modifying the wiring harness from a 2001 5.3 engine that I am transplanting in to my 1979 Z28. I am keeping my TH350 transmission. . I am also swapping my instrument panel to Dakota Digital VHS series. I have few questions that I appreciate some answers if possible. DD kit came with a speed sensor adapter SEN-01-5 which is suppose to converted the cable driven speedometer to 16K pulse for their instrument panel. From the other hand I need to connect the wiring harness VSS wires to tranny. My problem is that the adapter in the kit has 3 wires (red, white and blue) and VSS has two wires. I know DD has other signal generator adapter which only has 2 wires which can be connected to VSS and then ECU can feed DD instrument panel (please correct me if I am wrong) but I am trying to avoid added expense if I can just use the adapter that I have. I contacted their tech department and they told me to get the two wire adapter, and when I asked about how I can use the one that I have, the conversation went cold! I was wondering maybe somebody here has gone through the same issue.
Thanks.