Sponsored by:

LM7 SMOG Legal Exhaust/EGR Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LM7 SMOG Legal Exhaust/EGR Help

Hey All,

Doing a 2001 Tahoe LM7 Swap into my 1990 K5 Blazer, motor is in, now I'm working on small stuff, like getting my EGR hooked into my exhaust.

Keep in mind, this is a CA legal smog ready swap, so I cant simply delete the EGR like I want to. The motor I found didnt come with an AIR pump from the factory, hoping I don't have to retro one into it.

Pictured below, my EGR port on my manifolds hits the frame, and to make the egr bolt on i would have to do some pretty radical frame chopping, which I would really rather not do, the Blazers frames werent the best to begin with.

Anyone have any suggestions? Different style EGR pipe? Different exhaust manifold(SMOG legal with a CA EO#)?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2018, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 169 Posts

Do you have room to fab up a pipe extension out of the exhaust manifold to the cloth covered EGR pipe? I have no idea if this is CARB E.O. legal but you could at least ask.

Could you notch your frame, plumb that EGR line in and then weld in a repair of the frame?

Rick
Old 06-12-2018, 09:22 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

It looks like you could:

Get a 01-02 F mani, machine it so the surface faces the hose tighter to the block, and it will look just like a 2000 mani. you have installed.

Quick Reply: LM7 SMOG Legal Exhaust/EGR Help