Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW to DBC

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemming104
Since he is most likely using a "0411" ECU, he can modify the wiring harness to run a TPS and IAC, but this is more work.
old thread revival since I'm researching the opposite of the OP - I HAVE DBW, early 2002 version with 24x LQ9, etc, and want to keep it. I'm still hunting a clear summary of what needs to be modified on a 2001-2002 DBC harness to add 2001-2002 DBW setup (6+2 wire config DBW).

it seems straightfoward. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a DBC harness and just saying I'll figure out the rest when I get to it, or give in and convert to DBC. for my build, the DBW pedal would make life easier than the cable setup and I already have the TAC and harness
Old 02-14-2024, 02:42 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

I don't have a complete answer for you, but in a few minutes of research, I found this:

The '97-05 Corvette has Red and Blue connectors pinned very similar to a 2002 Camaro. Differences are:
Corvette DBW has:
Blue - Pin 13 - Requested Torque Signal (Orange/Black)
Blue - Pin 14 - Throttle Actuator Control Serial Data (Tan)
Blue - Pin 15 - Throttle Actuator Control Serial Data (Orange/Black)
Red - Pin 5 - Delivered Torque Signal (Tan/Black)

The 2002 Camaro DBC has:
TP Sensor Signal - Red 24
TP Sensor 5V - Blue 8
TP Sensor Ground - Blue 60
The Corvette does not use those lines, but does list Blue 60 as a Low Reference; not sure what for.

I don't know if that helps you any, but those are the main differences between the DBW Corvette and DBC Camaro from those years.
Looking at a TB pinout, they use different pin names like TAC Motor Control 1 and 2, but I don't see them listed in my diagrams. You might have to compare the complete electrical diagrams of those cars.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mrvedit
I don't have a complete answer for you, but in a few minutes of research, I found this:

The '97-05 Corvette has Red and Blue connectors pinned very similar to a 2002 Camaro. Differences are:
Corvette DBW has:
Blue - Pin 13 - Requested Torque Signal (Orange/Black)
Blue - Pin 14 - Throttle Actuator Control Serial Data (Tan)
Blue - Pin 15 - Throttle Actuator Control Serial Data (Orange/Black)
Red - Pin 5 - Delivered Torque Signal (Tan/Black)

The 2002 Camaro DBC has:
TP Sensor Signal - Red 24
TP Sensor 5V - Blue 8
TP Sensor Ground - Blue 60
The Corvette does not use those lines, but does list Blue 60 as a Low Reference; not sure what for.

I don't know if that helps you any, but those are the main differences between the DBW Corvette and DBC Camaro from those years.
Looking at a TB pinout, they use different pin names like TAC Motor Control 1 and 2, but I don't see them listed in my diagrams. You might have to compare the complete electrical diagrams of those cars.
thank you! that will likely help, or at least it gives me more reference to study to and understand the differences in general. Hadn't dug this up previously.

I'm also trying to dig up the Silverado vs Escalade wiring diagrams for 2002 to cross reference the DBC and DBW engine harness and pinouts. I'm 90% committed to converting a early DBC ebay harness to early DBW setup, if I succeed I'll start a new thread with clear details for future newbies like me
Old 02-15-2024, 09:08 AM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

By "few minutes research" I mean looking it up in the printed copy of a document I bought years ago titled "Custom Stand Alone Wiring Harness Guide for the GM Generation III" Copyright F-Bodies Inc 2007. I bought, downloaded and printed a later one titled "Custom Stand Alone Wiring Harness Guide for General Motors Gen III and IV Engines" Copyright F-Bodies Inc 2007. I can no longer find them with Google. The info I gave you was in the first edition; while the second edition was much bigger, it dropped the 1997-2005 Corvette info.
Let us know if you can find a source to buy them. Since they list a Copyright, I can't just scan and post it here.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:39 AM
Teching In

thanks again, that sounds awesome. I'd love to grab a copy if I can find one, would make my swap way easier
Old 02-15-2024, 12:22 PM
Teching In

dropping in this link because it may be useful and I haven't fully dug into it yet

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-...-diagrams.html

Quick Reply: DBW to DBC