Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake plumbing with NW102 and LSXRT

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intake plumbing with NW102 and LSXRT

I'm finishing my lsx swap in my 70 C10 and the intake plumbing/piping has got me scratching my head.

I'm running a Nick Williams TB and can't figure out how to get my inake finished. The NW has got a 4.25" inlet so I got a 4.25" by 4" 90 degree silicone elbow. The problem is the elbow is too short to allow a 4" pipe to clear the alternator pulley (LQ4 based build with truck accessories). I want to route the intake down to the drivers side to keep the intake out of out the radiator heated air. I've been trying to find a different elbow that might give me a little more room to clear the pulley but options seem to be few.

I don't think I have room to put a coupler and short section of pipe (if I could even find them in 4.25") to space it out without running into radiator clearance issues.

If I angle the pipe away from the alternator, the elbow sits too funny on the TB and I'm not happy with how it looks.

Anyone got any solutions/ideas?

Old 06-30-2018, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Order another elbow with longer legs on it. Thin cut it down to fit how u want it to.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
Order another elbow with longer legs on it. Thin cut it down to fit how u want it to.
Well yeah, but do you know where I can find one? Intakehoses.com is where I found this one. There does not seem to be much out there in 4.25" to fit this throttle body.

EDIT - another search found one- HPS has one for a spendy $125. That will work- just hope to find one a bit less expensive.

Last edited by NC_John; 07-01-2018 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe a throttle body spacer between the intake and TB?
Old 07-04-2018, 02:47 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,645 Likes on 2,229 Posts

I ordered mine from intake hoses as well. I bought the 4” pipe and coupler. The coupler will stretch over the NW 102, and it makes the transition smooth. I’m using the carbon fiber stuff they sell. The beauty of using the carbon fiber stuff, besides the weight and it just looks cool, is that the elbow is a sweeper, meaning the air does not have to make such a dramatic turn at the throttle body. Much better airflow than the quick turn silicone units.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Che70velle

I ordered mine from intake hoses as well. I bought the 4” pipe and coupler. The coupler will stretch over the NW 102, and it makes the transition smooth. I’m using the carbon fiber stuff they sell. The beauty of using the carbon fiber stuff, besides the weight and it just looks cool, is that the elbow is a sweeper, meaning the air does not have to make such a dramatic turn at the throttle body. Much better airflow than the quick turn silicone units.
wow, that looks real nice!

I bought an aluminum section of 4" pipe from summit to get things fitted. I didn't want to spend the money on the carbon fiber until I knew what would work. Its a real pain having to get everything shipped from CA to NC just to find out something won't work. Expensive too.

What are you using to support your setup? I just got a 4" mount kit from spectre that looks real nice but doesn't actually fit over a 4" pipe.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by s30.hybrid
Maybe a throttle body spacer between the intake and TB?

found an elbow that should work (its longer). Should be here in the next couple days.

Quick Reply: Intake plumbing with NW102 and LSXRT