Sponsored by:

Standalone Wiring Harness Build - Help ID my Last Wire

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Standalone Wiring Harness Build - Help ID my Last Wire

Hello,

I’m finishing up my first standalone wiring harness conversion. It’s gone surprisingly well. I think the key is to take your time and keep everything organized!

I’m down to my last wire and I am having trouble figuring out where it goes. Would appreciate some help in figuring out where it is suppose to go.

I’m using the diagram that UCanDoIt2 made. Here's the link: Link to wiring diagram

On the right side of the first page, there is a 4 Position Fuse Box pictured. From the top is a yellow wire for the “Fuel Pump Feed 12V+.”

The next wire is a pink wire labeled “Pink From 12V Keyed +.” This pink wire is the one I’m having problems with. Where does it go to? I don’t have any unidentified wires, so I’m confused as to where it goes. Would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2019, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe it goes to a 12volt hot when ignition is on source that will power up the fuseblock
Old 02-21-2019, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, that wire goes back to your ignition switch that is hot when key is on, start, run mode. It turns on the main relay that powers those 3 fused circuits in that diagram.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 208 Likes on 167 Posts

You should be able to find an "IGN" source on your fuse block to support this wire but find one with plenty of amps available.

Rick