Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls3 oil pan for ls swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

F-Body pan for the win... Always. Most swappable stock pan out there. Only thing is doesn't work for is stroker applications, which is why I have a "spare" one lol.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
You stated that you got an LS1 oil pan. You did NOT state which application it is for. There are a few different LS1 oil pan applications. So you still don't know whether or not it will fit YOUR application. That is what I meant by doing your homework.
Except I do know that it will work because I searched for it using the part number that corresponds to the fbody. Maybe you should ask for more info next time instead of trying to be a know-it-all?
Old 04-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
F-Body pan for the win... Always. Most swappable stock pan out there. Only thing is doesn't work for is stroker applications, which is why I have a "spare" one lol.
Damn too bad I already got one, how much are you looking to get for it, I may be able to use it in my s10 or Impala
Old 04-01-2019, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,222 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by BurntRubberProductns
Except I do know that it will work because I searched for it using the part number that corresponds to the fbody. Maybe you should ask for more info next time instead of trying to be a know-it-all?
Great! You never said it was for an F-body, just that it is an LS1 pan. I don't assume anything, as LS1 came in Vettes, GTO's and CTS-V's, which all use different pans.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Teching In

So you still don't know whether or not it will fit YOUR application.
That's some assumin right there👆, you assumed I didn't know the application, you assumed I didn't do research, you assumed I bought an ls3 oil pan. For someone who doesn't assume, you sure been assuming a lot today.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

I never assumed it was an LS3 pan. That was someone else. Not saying you did not know the app. You just did not tell anyone here what it was. So how were we to know?
Old 04-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Hey everyone, i found a good deal on a new ls3 oil pan and was wondering if it would be usable with 5.3 and 1981 trans am, or is the sump too long? I haven't been able to find any info on them.
Lesseee….. Finds a good deal on a pan he does NOT know will fit, BUYS it for an exorbitant amount of money, STILL not knowing if it fits.... oh yeah, makes perfect sense to me!
I never assumed it was an LS3 pan. That was someone else. Not saying you did not know the app. You just did not tell anyone here what it was. So how were we to know?
No you assumed it was an ls3 pan as well, proven by the wording that you took from the my original question. Just man up and admit your mistake breh
Old 04-01-2019, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nope. I posted that after you had bought the pan off the "LS1 crate engine" and paid way too much for it.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 145 Posts

I bought a brand new, GM 98-02 F body oil pan to replace my broken one last year for $252, and that was just the pan. If the OP got the windage tray, pick up tube and dipstick with it, then $300 is the going rate for those. I know this because I have a buddy who is looking for one, and that's what I have been seeing.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Nope. I posted that after you had bought the pan off the "LS1 crate engine" and paid way too much for it.
SMH of course the know it all wont be a man and admit he made a mistake. Just sit down you're just making yourself look bad.

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
I bought a brand new, GM 98-02 F body oil pan to replace my broken one last year for $252, and that was just the pan. If the OP got the windage tray, pick up tube and dipstick with it, then $300 is the going rate for those. I know this because I have a buddy who is looking for one, and that's what I have been seeing.
Yeah the only reason it came up to 300 was because i had to pay taxes on it since we are in the same state.