Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with wiring tremec magnum to 2001 5.3 harness. PICS INCLUDED

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help with wiring tremec magnum to 2001 5.3 harness. PICS INCLUDED

I have a 5.3 and wiring harness out of a 2001 suburban that was automatic. I'm having trouble wiring up my Tremec magnum. Can someone identify the plugs in the picture with the questions marks? I attached a picture of my tranny and plugs: A) Reverse Lockout -needs brake light to disengage, B) VSS/ Electronic Speedometer, C) Reverse Lights. It is going into a 1969 camaro. Im using the truck fuse panel to power my car and removing the factory glass fuse box. I have Dakota digital gauges that hook up to the pcm via obd2 port and provides info to my gauges. I've looked at a lot of diagrams and have been working on this for hours. If you include a link and say "info here" and its 100 pages please be more specific so I can find the info more effectively. In return I will post my swap when I am done and some info for anyone who is interested . I purchased my single turbo kit today i plan to have the engine in soon and the turbo hot side shortly after it arrives... I wont be installing turbo though until I can go through the car and make sure everything is functioning properly.

Wires on right plug are light green and black. Does this go directly into the reverse lockout? the plug fits...

Wires are dark green and black

A) Reverse Lockout -needs brake light to disengage, B) VSS/ Electronic Speedometer, C) Reverse Lights.

Last edited by theunspokenstory; 04-19-2019 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Had to upload pics on phone
Old 04-19-2019, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Does anyone know the pin numbers at the pcm plugs for wiring the tranny sensors (VSS,Reverse Light,Reverse lockout)?
Old 04-19-2019, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Bump. I figured out the VSS. My 1969 camaro supplies power when the brake pedal is pressed (Id like to hook it up correctly through ecu and not just run a wire through floor to tranny. Im using the whole circuit panel from the truck to power my car). The PCM is the opposite for the truck and has 12v always and brake opens the circuit. I believe i'm hooking that up to blue pin 33 (TCC Brake Switch) but im not sure from there. I noticed on an LS1 pinout that Red 44 was reverse solenoid lockout while it is unused on the auto pinout... I'm having my pcm tuned Monday at wiring specialties (i live within driving distance). I'll ask them and post up an answer if I get one.

The other factor I noticed is i'm not running a clutch pedal switch so if anyone has experience dealing with this and closing the safety circuit feel free to chime in.