Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still struggling with cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still struggling with cruise control

I've posted about this before, but I'm still stuck.

I've got a 2007 LQ9 with K type TAC module and plastic APP installed in a 1995 Landrover Discovery.

I cannot for the life of me get the cruise control to work. I've got all the pins hooked up as they should be and can get readings in VCM Scanner to suggest it's recieving the signals ok.

I've got the VSS hooked up to an otherwise unused ABS sensor and calibrated to give a correct speed reading in VCM Scanner.

I still get the Cruise Lockout : YES condition no matter what I try.

The only thing I can think is that the signal for the Stop Lamp Supply Voltage wire is out of parameter. I get a clean 12v at pin 6 on the TAC with the brake pressed and a resistance of 96 Ohm with it released.

Does anyone have any thoughts or data that might help?
Old 04-22-2019, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

In my research for my Gen 3 swap, I believe there is a cruise control wire (TCC, I think) and it should be at 12V when the brake pedal is not pressed, and open when it is pressed. Might be the same for the later PCM as well? Just a thought. You could use a relay to do this, triggered off the brake switch wire.

Jay
Old 04-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Yes, I have that wire and it is relay triggered to ensure it switches at the same time as the SLSV.

I realise I was testing the circuit with the ignition on (d'oh) with it off I get 2.3ohms. My brake light circuit only has two 21w bulbs. I wonder if it isn't drawing enough current?