Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 swap circuit breaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 swap circuit breaker

Hi guys I知 currently doing a ls1 swap in to a 1995 Nissan hardbody stock engine and I知 doing battery alternator wiring I believe stock alternator are 106 amps. My question is what circuit breaker and how many amps. Thanks in advance I appreciate your help.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Hi,

So, you may want to be a little more clear. What circuit are you wanting a breaker in? Between the alternator and batter or power distribution block?

Usually, this would be an area to use a fusible link. I like to have a power distribution point. I feed my vehicle fuse box, additional items like my Holley ecu, fan power, etc come from here (via a secondary fuse box). There is a heavy wire from alternator to this distribution point, for supplying charge current, and a smaller wire back to the sensing terminal on the alternator to measure the system voltage/set the charge output. Then you have a wire back to the battery, the size of which can be somewhat used to limit battery charge current. That's where you might look at a fusible link.

Search on wiring an alternator to power distribution block.

Quick Reply: Ls1 swap circuit breaker