Sponsored by:

1964 Cutlass-- my last wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1964 Cutlass-- my last wiring question

Hey friends!

Should finally be to the point of starting my LS2 Cutlass within the next week or so, just need to tidy up a last bit of wiring...

What's a good keyed 12v wire to run to my fuses? I have the wiring diagrams for the car (posted below) and think I should be able to use the brown wire in the alternator regulator (#4 on the reg) but just want to get some opinions from people who actually know a thing or two more about wiring than I do. 😆

The brown wire in the reg starts off at the ignition switch as a black-pink.

Thank you!

Old 09-06-2019, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trace the 6v resistor wire that went to the distributor back to the wire bulkhead and replace it with a proper gauge wire. Unplug the harness bulkhead and test the voltage to verify, before you do this, and find out I was wrong. I have done this on various a bodies, including my 67 Chevelle, but I have not done a cutlass.

Last edited by mytmouz; 09-06-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mytmouz
Trace the 6v resistor wire that went to the distributor back to the wire bulkhead and replace it with a proper gauge wire. Unplug the harness bulkhead and test the voltage to verify, before you do this, and find out I was wrong. I have done this on various a bodies, including my 67 Chevelle, but I have not done a cutlass.
Oh yup, I'm am idiot haha the car had an HEI when I got it so the resistor wires already replaced! That'll work perfectly.

Quick Reply: 1964 Cutlass-- my last wiring question