Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake/ fuel question on my build

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intake/ fuel question on my build

Quick background: 2015 CK express van L96/6L90E in a 68 mustang convertible. Budget is limited by kids/ house/ life.
Issue:
L69 intake won't clear the hood, so I purchased an LS3 intake (thought it came with injectors... wrong)
Question:
What is the difference between aftermarket fuel rails for LS3 and aftermarket fuel rails for L96 truck intake. I know the
injectors are taller on the L96 (they are flex fuel) 50# I think. I was wondering if I got larger lower O-rings for the L96
injectors (to fit the LS3intake) and the L96 truck aftermarket fuel rails, could I just machine hold down brackets to adjust
for the different height of the injectors? I know most people will say "just buy some injectors" but I don't want to spend
$200-300 for new and the rating for remanufactured online are crap.

Any feed back positive or neg. would be helpful.... I don't want to waste the money buying twice... done that already.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2019, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

U can use the stock l96 injectors with the ls3 intake. U will need to make some 1/2" spacers and use longer bolts to hold the rails down. The ls3 intake uses shorter injectors with a lower mounting pad for the rails. I do a lot of swaps and run into stuff like this all the time!

As for the aftermarket rails just get some for the ls3 intake. Thin do as u said and make some brackets to work. But most aftermarket rails have brackets that are adjustable to accommodate diff injectors lengths. Some of the cheaper aluminum intakes have rails and brackets like this.
The following users liked this post:
LS_then_Ideal (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear!!!

Quick Reply: Intake/ fuel question on my build