Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel injection swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injection swap

I have a ls6 crate engine in my 67 gto with a carb set up on it. I’m looking to swap over to fuel injection. what are people’s thoughts are on going with an aftermarket fuel injection system using the same intake or using a stock style (Camaro/gto) intake and fuel injection system? Also what harness are you guys using?
Thanks John
Old 09-27-2019, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

I wouldn't run a carb if I could afford injection, Instant start ups, No choke to worry about, Better drivability, Better gas mileage and usually better performance.
The stock LS6 intake is a great intake.

There are several different brands available that work very well, I like the Holley stuff myself.
Here is a link to a post on the new Holley Terminator X that came out a few months ago. It's a great system for the price. Swaps just got way easier...Holley Terminator X

I run the Holley Dominator and HP systems because they offer more functionality but are also more expensive. If it's in your budget Holley has a Terminator LS system that comes as a kit that uses either the Dominator or HP ecu depending on the model you choose. Terminator LS MPFI
If you're not running an overdrive trans this might be a good time to also consider upgrading it at the same time as well.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m already running a tko600 overdrive. The engine didn’t come with an intake so I put a carb set up on it. I’m going to look at the Holley link you sent tonight when I get home from work thanks

Quick Reply: Fuel injection swap