Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swaps just got way easier...Holley Terminator X

Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 875 Posts

Default LS and LT swaps just got way easier...Holley Terminator X

Check out the new Holley EFI systems at amazing price points!

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/terminator_x/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gIjXqs9kJY&t=2s

Andrew

Last edited by Project GatTagO; 07-23-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

I read up on this today. What an awesome system with some serious power. I see this taking over a lot of junkyard ecu's
Old 03-14-2019, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Check out the new Holley EFI systems at amazing price points!

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../terminator_x/

Andrew
Hey Andrew,

I was gonna send you a PM asking what would be the latest and greatest EFI system for my 69 Chevelle project. I'm in the process of putting a 9.7 to 1 417" LSA / Turbo 400 in the Chevelle. Going to run it on 91 octane gasoline. Just wondering if you think this new system from Holley would be for me. Thanks for your time.

P.S. Love your GTO!
Old 03-15-2019, 03:22 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This kit looks nice! Boost and nitrous control, rich/lean safeties. This thing combines several things yours have to go out and buy at the price of basically a stand alone harness is...
Old 03-15-2019, 04:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice unit, and not that expensive,
Old 03-15-2019, 05:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Very interesting. I'm amazed someone hasn't made an ECM at this price already.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Long Beach GTO
Hey Andrew,

I was gonna send you a PM asking what would be the latest and greatest EFI system for my 69 Chevelle project. I'm in the process of putting a 9.7 to 1 417" LSA / Turbo 400 in the Chevelle. Going to run it on 91 octane gasoline. Just wondering if you think this new system from Holley would be for me. Thanks for your time.

P.S. Love your GTO!
Thanks for the compliments!

I don't know much about these new systems, but on paper they look perfect. I will learn more in a few weeks after going through Holley EFI training.

Andrew
Old 03-15-2019, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Very interesting, first to support DBW also. Takes away the tuner having you by the .......
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Very interesting. It looks like they are capable enough for most swaps, although they don't have as many general-purpose input and output lines as the Dominator line, don't have as many injector drivers, etc. But a lot of that stuff is overkill for a standard LS swap anyway--until you get into some pretty dedicated motorsport applications, you don't need a bunch of custom I/Os, the ability to drive twelve fuel injectors, low-impedance injector drivers, etc.

I'm thinking of switching over from my stock P59 ECU/DBW setup. The new Holley system wouldn't be just plug-and-play, however--I'd need to switch the injector harness over to EV6, get a different DBW pedal than the one I am currently using (looks like they are still only compatible with one specific pedal), get an adapter harness for a 2-bar MAP sensor, and buy a separate CAN-to-USB adapter cable to tune it via laptop rather than being stuck with the tiny handheld. Looks like they don't have support for the bigger digital dash panels...yet.

All that said, it still looks like a really good option for a typical LS swap application, especially compared to what else is out there.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the tuning interface is the same as the HP and Dominator?
Old 03-15-2019, 01:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 6T7LS7
Does anyone know if the tuning interface is the same as the HP and Dominator?
No its different, more like the sniper software.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:05 PM
FormerVendor

The terminator x is basically a replacement for using a standalone harness and factory ecu. If you have a stock or mild setup it will be prefect. Its not designed for high hp or all out racing applications like hp or dominator. Feel free to call us with specific questions about any holley products,
Old 03-15-2019, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
No its different, more like the sniper software.
So it is different then, in December I purchased the Terminator for Ls and Danny on the Holley forums said that the Terminator Software was the same as the HP, But
like I say it is NOT this Terminator X stuff. Kinda Bummed I just spent $2000.00 3 months ago now this comes out at half the price, with a few new features.
But on a side note, I really like the Holley, it fired up without any issues and now I have a couple hundred miles on it and the self learning feature is great, I have not had to visit a tuner at all and it is running great, I wonder if this Terminator X has the self learning feature? What I really like is the Holley forum support, lots of good reading, and you can tell the guys that respond are
experienced and not just Internet Parrots, I think most who use the Holley will be happy.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

So if I buy this I wont need the PSI harness I just bought and havent installed?
Old 03-15-2019, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

A terminator setup is completely different vs the x. A lot of same features but completely different ecu and more limited on inputs/outputs. Only high imp injectors, can only use Bosch wideband plus more limits but that’s why the x is so much cheaper. It can correct fuel with the wideband just like all the other holley setups. There is no such thing as self tuning anything, they are only adjusting fueling based off the wideband.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Smitty454
So if I buy this I wont need the PSI harness I just bought and havent installed?
The X comes with it's own harness.

Andrew
Old 03-15-2019, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Thanks for the compliments!

I don't know much about these new systems, but on paper they look perfect. I will learn more in a few weeks after going through Holley EFI training.

Andrew
Read the instructions. Couple of things....didn't see speedo signal and no alternator wire to excite same. Maybe when you get to the school you could ask them and do an analysis of the two. I know the terminator system has these. Just seems kinda odd that they would support electronic trans control, but no speed out put. Maybe I missed it....

T,
Old 03-15-2019, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tom,

I started reading the manual, but it was getting late and I didn't get too deep into it. The alternator wire can be programmed with one of the output, or it can be wired to the car separate of the ECU. So no big deal. The speedo output is very handy, but I don't know if the X has one or not.

Andrew
Old 03-15-2019, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Has the tach wire, but didn't see speed. Would be handy for anyone running digital gauges...like me....analog, no worries...

Have to research the alternator strategy more to see what OE signal is required....+12V or what....

Does look very promising though, and definitely brings a cheaper, cleaner solution to market......hot rod bucks are hard to come by these days....lol

T,
Old 03-15-2019, 04:29 PM
FormerVendor

You can get almost any alternator converted so it doesnt need any input. We see them all the time with no excite wire, just the charging one with chrome or polished front drive setups.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swaps just got way easier...Holley Terminator X