Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swaps just got way easier...Holley Terminator X

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 563 Likes on 417 Posts

im rewiring the entire car from scratch, so im using a pressure sensor on the clutch and brakes for various control like brake lights, 2 step, launch, etc. I have a smartwire and was planning to get a dominator to go with it, but the last couple days ive been very strongly considering going to the haltech nexus r5 instead. Either way, im going to use a PDM for everything in the car with 100% new wiring. Ive been having various issues with my holley stuff, and even though they put out a great product, i absolutely love my pro dash, their support is pretty weak, so im not surprised about your experience you describe. Luckily, i wont be wiring the car for a few months so i have time to mull it over.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:53 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
im rewiring the entire car from scratch, so im using a pressure sensor on the clutch and brakes for various control like brake lights, 2 step, launch, etc. I have a smartwire and was planning to get a dominator to go with it, but the last couple days ive been very strongly considering going to the haltech nexus r5 instead. Either way, im going to use a PDM for everything in the car with 100% new wiring. Ive been having various issues with my holley stuff, and even though they put out a great product, i absolutely love my pro dash, their support is pretty weak, so im not surprised about your experience you describe. Luckily, i wont be wiring the car for a few months so i have time to mull it over.
Gotcha ya sometimes better if you put a two step on a handbrake vs a clutch pedal, I started with it on the pedal then moved it. I get it, I'm on the fence of striping the wiring out of my car and starting over as I've been using stock wiring for everything except engine up until now.

Agree, Holley seems to say either send it in or deal with it. I'm not tied to Holley or even the LS platform moving forward.

Quick Reply: Swaps just got way easier...Holley Terminator X