Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All 2nd gen F body LS peoples, please input

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default All 2nd gen F body LS peoples, please input

Hi. Getting started to put my 73 Camaro together. 6.0 truck motor to go in. planning to run a single turbo on passenger side while keeping my A/C. It must be mounted low on passenger side since I need the space up top for turbo setup. I know compressor won't clear the cross member. Asking, if anybody can provide a template with dimension along with pictures and/or aware of somebody who sells these notch kit for these years F bodies (or links to threads can help me)...Any help is appreciated. Show me your successful low mount A/C projects. Also prefer low mount driver side alternator as well if you guys can help with that, too but not necessary. Trying to modify that cross member while car is still in body shop. Thank you all for your time.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 600 Likes on 476 Posts

I might have the pi c on my left for dead swap thread. My car is buried so no chance digging it out for pics. Sorry. Try a SEARCH for threads started by me or my thread. “ 70Camaro LY6/4l64e”
Old 12-05-2019, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
I might have the pi c on my left for dead swap thread. My car is buried so no chance digging it out for pics. Sorry. Try a SEARCH for threads started by me or my thread. “ 70Camaro LY6/4l64e”
Thank you. Looks good. After all, have you got to install that compressor down there and it fit fine? What compressor you used, and you ran it with separate AC belt with small tensioner or used the main one?is that motor mount sitting in stock position?thanks a lot.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 600 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Nariman
Thank you. Looks good. After all, have you got to install that compressor down there and it fit fine? What compressor you used, and you ran it with separate AC belt with small tensioner or used the main one?is that motor mount sitting in stock position?thanks a lot.
yes it fits. Separate belt. I used ALAN GROVE COMPONETS. Or something like that. I used the truck/camaro5 as I have VVT and Vette FEAD

i can try to look at my papers when I get home
Old 12-08-2019, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Very helpful info. One thing confused me...I see your mount - which is the older "tower style" apparently - is way backward compare to mine. Those 3 holes in my case are close to front of that cross member where it'll be cut. Now, have you drilled new holes in there or it just came like that? Should I just keep the upper forward one and

drill 2 new holes based on that before I box the cross member? I have late style mounts. Thank you

Quick Reply: All 2nd gen F body LS peoples, please input