Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAW fuel pump wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 07:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default AAW fuel pump wiring question

I’ve completed nearly all of my wiring on my “03” 6.0L swap with several start up with no codes using a AAW classic update harness. But during a check of a couple other non issues I switched the ignition to the assy. Position my fuel pump runs as it would when doing a start up. I traced the constant 12v orange pin 20 and pin 57 battery+ circuit 440. I have both of them on a constant battery position on the main fuse panel. With them being on the same circuit, can this be changed so the fuel pump runs only in the start/run key position? I did try to wire around this, and change the relay with no success. My harness is wired according to LT1 swap
Old 12-05-2019, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey Mike, The problem is not with your orange hot wires. You will want to leave those on battery constant hot. Sounds to me like your pink ignition hot pcm wires are getting accessory voltage from your aaw harness rather then ignition hot so it's powering up in either key position. You need to find an ignition hot source that's not hot in accessory position for the pcm power.

Where is your engine harness fuse block getting it's ignition power from? Mine comes directly from the ignition terminal on my key switch.

Last edited by 1964SS; 12-05-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1964SS
Hey Mike, The problem is not with your orange hot wires. You will want to leave those on battery constant hot. Sounds to me like your pink ignition hot pcm wires are getting accessory voltage from your aaw harness rather then ignition hot so it's powering up in either key position. You need to find an ignition hot source that's not hot in accessory position for the pcm power.

Where is your engine harness fuse block getting it's ignition power from? Mine comes directly from the ignition terminal on my key switch.
I’ll have to do some digging, can’t remember right now, i’ll reply later what I find. Thanks for lead.

Quick Reply: AAW fuel pump wiring question