Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

65 LeMans 5.7 Build, clutch master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 65 LeMans 5.7 Build, clutch master cylinder

I'm in the middle of swapping a 5.7 from a 2004 GTO into my 65 LeMans. The 65 was an automatic, and I'm also swapping in the matching T-56 from the same GTO. I've got the pedals in, but I'm having a tough time figuring out where to mount the clutch master cylinder. I've read over the instructions from the vendor I purchased the swap kit from multiple times, but they're extremely vague. Do any of you have some hints/tips on where to start? From the engine bay view, it looks like I'm going to run right into the inner fender, and I'll have to mount it fairly low to compensate for the bulkhead. I can't seem to find the factory provisions for the 4-speed mounting provisions, either. The clutch rod they provided seems really long, and I'm thinking I'm going to have to trim to fit, but tell me if I'm completely off base here. I've reached out to the vendor, but it's been a few days and I haven't heard anything back. Any help would be great before I start drilling holes in my firewall.

Also, they didn't send any instructions on where to place the new trans tunnel hump, so any advice on that would be awesome as well.

Lastly, if anyone has experience with the Hydramax kit from American Powertrain, I'd love to see how you installed your release bearing. I'm pretty sure I'm clear on how it gets done, but some clarification would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Quick Reply: 65 LeMans 5.7 Build, clutch master cylinder