Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will an 04 Corvette tune on 04 Vortec ECU play nicely with the truck pedal and TAC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will an 04 Corvette tune on 04 Vortec ECU play nicely with the truck pedal and TAC?

As the title says, does anyone know if a 'Vette OS image loaded onto an ECU out of a truck will play nicely with the throttle body, pedal, and TAC module from the same truck?

My issue is that I have a LS1 from a 98 F-body that is being transplanted, and the new car has a manual trans.
With the 97-98 ECU's being so poorly supported, I was looking at updating to the newer ECU hardware and was given a set off of an 04 truck. ECU, MAF, throttle body, pedal, and TAC module.
I was thinking that loading the 5.7L 04 corvette manual trans tune would be the solution, so I went ahead and paid to have it shipped.

A couple days later I realized that it's likely going to expect a different TAC module and throttle pedal.

That all said, if the vette tune won't play nicely, is there any reasonable way to adapt a 5.3L truck tune to operate a 5.7L LS1?
If it were MegaSquirt, I'd just dive into re-scaling the fuel and air tables, but none of the LS tuning programs seem to make that obviously an option, at least as far as I have been seeing.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:19 AM
Launching!

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you have hp tuners? Its easy to merge 2 tune files with the compare function.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No HP Tuners, at least not unless I end up finding some convincing reason to spend that kind of money.

I've been looking at the ECU data with LS Droid and Tuner Pro so far.

That said, I just found a matching set up F-body bin and xdf files from a 2002 manual transmission LS1 which should play nicely with any 0411 or equivalent ECU.

After deleting VATS and air injection, it saved without any checksum issues.

The ECU that I just pulled from an 01 Silverado took the tune, so I will have to repin the connectors from 98 to the 99+ pinout and see if the inputs look right in OBD2 gauges, and then see if it will light off.

Quick Reply: Will an 04 Corvette tune on 04 Vortec ECU play nicely with the truck pedal and TAC?