Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silverado gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado gauges

I have a 2005 Silverado with a 2014 ls3 out of a Camaro in it.
I'm running a psi stand alone harness with it. My question is how can I use my stock Silverado gauges with the setup I'm using. I've been researching for weeks and cant find anything
Old 08-30-2020, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

You should have used your stock harness and pcm and your gauges would still work. There is no easy way to make it work 100% correctly with a standalone harness.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by minytrker
You should have used your stock harness and pcm and your gauges would still work. There is no easy way to make it work 100% correctly with a standalone harness.
What would of been the difference from the ls3 harness vs psi harness the new harness has the wires for all the things I need it just isnt working. Is there a adapter harness or something out there. And if there is a way to make them work does anyone know how to
all inrealy want is my tack, oil pressure and coolant temp to work
Old 08-30-2020, 05:51 PM
9 Second Club

No difference from ls3 to psi, I said should have used your truck harness, then everything would have worked BUT would have required a lingenfelter conversion box for 58x-24x. Your probably going to have to piggy back the stock harness and pcm with you standalone harness and run 2 coolant temp sensors since you cant split a thermister signal if you want the stock gauges to work.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by minytrker
No difference from ls3 to psi, I said should have used your truck harness, then everything would have worked BUT would have required a lingenfelter conversion box for 58x-24x. Your probably going to have to piggy back the stock harness and pcm with you standalone harness and run 2 coolant temp sensors since you cant split a thermister signal if you want the stock gauges to work.
Right on fornthe information. Wish someone had a diffrent solution to this. I just feel like this shouldnt be that hard and there should be a different way to go about it or that a company came out with the stock look cluster to work with it all
Old 08-30-2020, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Also some tied the signal wire from thier ecu tonthe signal on the back of thier cluster and claimed that it worked but for like a Colorado or something. Have you guys heard of anything like this
Old 08-31-2020, 08:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chevyman_dynareem
Right on fornthe information. Wish someone had a diffrent solution to this. I just feel like this shouldnt be that hard and there should be a different way to go about it or that a company came out with the stock look cluster to work with it all
If you would have the original engine harness and pcm then there wouldn't need to be a solution, it would all work. Or you can piggy back your old harness and pcm for gauges or try to wire each gauge one by one (piggy back old harness be easier IMO. No one is selling a solution because the solutions is already there.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 433 Likes on 304 Posts

If you run an E67 ECU and harness with the later trailblazer operating system it will run the LS3 and communicate with the Stock Silverado cluster.

No Piggy back non sense or converter boxes required.

Quick Reply: Silverado gauges