Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with putting the ls1 in a 93 chevy truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with putting the ls1 in a 93 chevy truck

i have a 92 tbi with the 700r4. what do i need to keep my stock transmission and install the ls1?? i know i need motor mounts and a wire harness, but what about the radiator and all my existing accesories. i.e ac compressor?? do i need to buy new parts or re-route stuff?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Default i need help with the same thing

Originally Posted by getdrugtoday
i have a 92 tbi with the 700r4. what do i need to keep my stock transmission and install the ls1?? i know i need motor mounts and a wire harness, but what about the radiator and all my existing accesories. i.e ac compressor?? do i need to buy new parts or re-route stuff?
undefinedundefinedundefinedi have a 95 gmc 350 tbi wit a 5 speed. i need to know everything that needs to be done to put an ls1 in my truck? i have a ls1 without tha intake and no pulleys on tha front. what can be used off of the 350?
Old 07-26-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Basically you will need to get all of the acces, off the new block because all the old accesories can't be used except the radiator and if you have a oil cooler, etc, for the fuel system you will need to upgrade the pump so that it will be able to pump 60 psi, new motor mounts, and a specialty bellhousing or flywheel because LS1 tranmsisions WILL NOT bolt up to gen 1& 2 motors.

Quick Reply: need help with putting the ls1 in a 93 chevy truck