Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project "hole in the head." LS376/480 into my 1991 Fox Body Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 171 Likes on 149 Posts

All told, the one hour wiring job took me about 8hrs. Working from underneath was a PITA and so is working with Flexo PET. Still, I love the way Flexo PET covering works/looks and I'll continue to spend the time to use it. I didn't take a picture of the covered 12V, ground and PWM signal wire. They're all covered together inside of 3/8" PET secured on both ends with black heat shrink tubing. The PET will unravel if not terminated properly!

Here is a picture of me programming the Dominator myself:

Yeah, I had another laptop with youTube running so I had a better idea of what to do. Thankfully, I didn't brick the ECU!

I did test drive the car soon after I programmed it and the PWM fan worked perfectly. However, I wasn't happy with the way I had the PWM fan triggering on with the AC so Andrew programmed it professionally for me! Still, I was kinda proud of myself for getting it to work and not ruining the ECU!

Like Andrew has done with his ProDash, I programmed my PWM fan's duty cycle onto my 12.3 ProDash. It's cool to be able to look at the dash and see what duty cycle the fan is running.
The following users liked this post:
rickpaw (04-26-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 11:17 AM
TAA
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for this thread. I'm doing a very similar swap and this has been a great for evaluating a few different options.

Fuel system and suspension are my two big variables right now. I have an AJE K member but I think I'm going to sell it and go with maximum motorsport's and lean into their setup.

Also can you PM me the contact info for the person who sold you the DBW pedal adapter? My account is too new to send PMs to people apparently.

Old 06-06-2024, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

TAA, I just sent you a PM.

It appears that the DBW pedal bracket is getting to be pretty popular. Andrew just asked me about it for one of his customers.

Can't really see the mounting bracket but you can see that the pedal is mounted just about perfect.

This is the part number for the pedal itself
Project GatTagO (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

As of yesterday, I hadn't driven the car in 3 weeks because the last time I drove it, the driver's side window quit working. With the hotter weather, I wanted to be able to use the AC and the window was stuck in the down position.

After taking the door panel off and doing some trouble shooting, I found that the driver side, 33 yr old, OEM window motor had died. I just happened to have two brand new, LMR replacements on hand so one of them was installed. The power window works just great now. Just to let everyone know, these LMR motors are chinesium. I was told by a friend (also a member of this forum) that the Dorman brand of window motors are made in Korea. If I had known that before, I would've purchased the Korean motors.

Here is the old dead motor and the new, china motor.

Plugged in and tested before actually installing the motor in place. In this picture, the old motor was still in place.
Project GatTagO (06-06-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

I'm getting a ton of PMs about purchasing a gas pedal mounting bracket. I purchased the bracket from forum member tcgrmt . Try to get in touch with him via PM. If you can't, then PM me and I'll give you his email. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2024, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dannyual777
As of yesterday, I hadn't driven the car in 3 weeks because the last time I drove it, the driver's side window quit working. With the hotter weather, I wanted to be able to use the AC and the window was stuck in the down position.

After taking the door panel off and doing some trouble shooting, I found that the driver side, 33 yr old, OEM window motor had died. I just happened to have two brand new, LMR replacements on hand so one of them was installed. The power window works just great now. Just to let everyone know, these LMR motors are chinesium. I was told by a friend (also a member of this forum) that the Dorman brand of window motors are made in Korea. If I had known that before, I would've purchased the Korean motors.

I got a text from my friend last night and he had bad news on the Dorman window motors.

Like everything else, they're china made.

Quick Reply: Project "hole in the head." LS376/480 into my 1991 Fox Body Coupe