Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chart for electrical connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Chart for electrical connectors?

I could have swore years ago I saw a chart for each connector on the engine harness but not finding it in google.

Might be able to fire up my engine tomorrow but a couple plugs I don't remember.

I had this 2001 engine running to years ago and haven't messed with ls motors in a long time.

I cut this harness up there are three plugs I'm pretty sure I just grabbed the power wires I needed out of them.

And one I really don't remember but a chart with pictures would help rule it out.

I remembered like 95 percent of it....just the one or two bugging me.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

You should be able to find what you need on this site. Been pretty helpful for me over the years.

https://lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm
Old 12-28-2020, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LQ4-E39
You should be able to find what you need on this site. Been pretty helpful for me over the years.

https://lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm
Yeah I have been on that site but there are connectors even pictured on that site that are not labeled.

Like this one There is a small three pin connector next to the heat shield....it isn't labeled in the photo and I don't remember needing it but I do wonder what it is.

Also in front of injecotr 2 is shows the AC clutch connector....but on my harness (that I made about ten years ago) there is something that is a 5 pin connector ...not sure what it is and I don't think I need it but if I could identify that it would help me rule it out.

Amd then this is next to my Crank sensor plug with the starter but it's not an oil level plug and I don't remember what it is. It's possible I didn't use a camaro/firebird donor harness even though it's an f body engine. It ran fine before so I likely don't need it but again being able to rule it out and label it would make me feel better.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

That 5 pin plug looks like an EGR plug, the last pic looks like the crank position sensor plug. Are you sure that isn't what it is?
Old 12-28-2020, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
That 5 pin plug looks like an EGR plug, the last pic looks like the crank position sensor plug. Are you sure that isn't what it is?

Crank is two pins and it is plugged in. I had to drop the starter to get it in. I thought I was going to be able to sneak it behind but couldn't so I know I plugged in the crank sensor.

Def. could be EGR. I will look that one up right now thank you.

Just googled it. That is def it. Thanks.

ETA: I wonder if somehow I put whatever that two pin plug was into the crank sensor spot (which now after googling pics of it to double check......is actually a 3 pin)........and that would explain why I have no spark.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

I was going to say the crank sensor is a 3 wire, but it seems like you found that out! You may have the oil level plug plugged into the crank sensor since its in that location and its a 2 pin plug.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 338 Likes on 229 Posts

As said, that last picture is the crank sensor connector.

I think this is the low oil light harness connector...

Is that maybe what you plugged in??

Old 12-28-2020, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CattleAc
As said, that last picture is the crank sensor connector.

I think this is the low oil light harness connector...

Is that maybe what you plugged in??

I am kinda hoping i did. I will get to work on it again next sunday for a few hours but it's a friends shop on the lift so maybe he can get a chance to take a look tomorrow to double check. That would explain the no spark issue we had today.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Yes indeed it was that. Fired right up. Then died. Must be something I overlooked. But at least it fired.

Quick Reply: Chart for electrical connectors?