Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

73 Cuda LS Swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,128 Likes on 2,441 Posts

Keep up the good work!
It gives hope to those who can't devote the time for as extensive a project as this could be, meaning, they need a runner sooner than that would allow.
The following users liked this post:
78TranzAm (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

Glad you didn't sell it.
The following users liked this post:
78TranzAm (12-12-2023)
Old 07-27-2024, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

So I keep forgetting about this thread. Mainly because I do everything on YouTube now. Which, is Krusty Classics Garage. If you like LS swaps and LS Swap info, thats what the channel is all about at the moment.

But anyways. I've finally upgraded the Cuda. I have given it a much needed front end re do but, I went with coil overs over the factory suspension. All because I wanted to get rid of the torsion bars. They just take up so much open space right where headers would go. Of course putting in an engine that was never meant to go in means header/manifold options was very limited. Since the beginning of this build I wanted long tubes but back when I did the swap I just needed whatever was cheap and would fit. But now, with the torsion bars out of the way I should be able to make a set of long tubes work. Specifically my best bet is a set of 67-69 Nova/Camaro long tubes but we'll get to that when I figure out what I want to do with the rest of the exhaust.

Along with the brand new front suspension I also replaced the entire power steering stuff (gear box, pump and lines) that was a whole debacle by itself as I first went manual then had to go back to power steering (its all explained in a youtube video lol)

Then, for fathers day my wife or as I call her "The Investor" bought me a new set of wheels. So, I went from chevy style uni lug wheels that were rattle canned black and impossible to clean to a fresh set of Mopar steele wheels with ACTUAL paint on them.

The coil over kit is from HDK Suspension. I went with SPC upper control arms so that adjusting the caster/camber is much easier than having to adjust the factory style caster/camber bolts. Before all of this I added a set of single adjustable QA1 shocks to the rear and just those alone fixed the horrible ride in the rear. But now, with the 51yr old factory suspension out of the front that I was daily driving on for 2 years is now updated and at least in the 21st century lol

I believe the coil over shock is too tall but, all in all it rides amazing compared to before. I eye balled the alignment so we'll see if I keep destroying front tires every 5 months.

Also, as I stated way back in the beginning of this thread I wanted a 6.0 in the car. Well I got lucky and now have 2 to choose from sitting in the garage. Both used and worn but, those are my favorite.

I'll post as many pics as I have. If you'd like to see more check out my YouTube.

best images to post on fb

Last edited by 78TranzAm; 07-27-2024 at 06:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 78TranzAm:
Jimbo1367 (Yesterday), Summitracing (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: 73 Cuda LS Swap