Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 Swap Into 95 Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2021 | 09:44 PM
Teching In

Default 5.3 Swap Into 95 Camaro Z28

I looked through the previous threads and didn't see anything regarding my questions I have for anyone who has done this or has any knowledge of it

1. Using the fi tech ultimate LS 750 hp with trans control system to power my 5.3. Going to hook up the OE gauges and there is a few wires I have no idea where they go to

2. I need a longer thottle body cable as mine will not reach the throttle body bracket that is on the engine now. Anyone know what size the throttle cable is for a LT1 with and without traction control? Able to get both.

3. This question is mainly about the Fi Tech system itself. On the starter wire which is labeled starter - why is there two red positive wires that have eyelets on them?

4. Where do I ground the system? ( there is two grounds one goes to back of drivers side head and the other I have no idea where to put it)

Thank you in advance for your help and or your advice, this is my first ever swap and would like to do it right
Old 08-20-2021 | 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

Just get a throttle cable for an LS f body if you're using a car manifold and TB.
The two red wires are probably to power on the computer and keep it on during crank, the wiring diagram for the FItech should explain it.
The second ground should go to the batter or right to the gang ground by the battery.

Quick Reply: 5.3 Swap Into 95 Camaro Z28