Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pinouts and schematics needed L9H/6L80 2009 Yukon Denali

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2021 | 03:39 PM
Teching In

Default Pinouts and schematics needed L9H/6L80 2009 Yukon Denali

I am looking for complete engine wiring, e38 and all sub harness schematics for a 2009 L9H 6.2/6L80 LS please. I have a brand new harness for the engine, which came out of a 2009 Yukon Denali AWD. I am transplanting it into a 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ. The harness has only 3 O2 plugs. I know that the fourth one is incorporated into a sub harness of some sort, which I don't have. Hence the request for those as well. I also need to address the fuel system, dbw pedal harness, fuse block, ac, fans, cruise control, VSS, etc.. so any and all schematics are needed and welcome. Thank you in advance for all of your help!
Old 12-12-2021 | 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

I have a pdf of the engine wiring that used for a 2013 model E38. I THINK the wiring is the same? but not 100% on that. I think it covers from 2007+ ECMs?
Old 12-12-2021 | 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Just 2 cents but,, Cut your losses money and time and buy the Painless harness to replace the TJ wiring, Just did a YJ,, took me days to sort the factory harness, I could a had it running in a weekend had I just gutted the factory harness. The jeep wiring is a rats nest of cross fed circuits from under the dash to in the engine bay. AND a lot of the wiring is sadly undersized. (mostly 18G)

2nd choice is take the jeep fuse box out, label all the wires and attach them to the Chevy under hood fuse block, basically merge them there..
You only need main power, fuel pump, etc, nothing tricky. The jeep uses a lot of feedback circuits to the engine ECU as well that take a while to sort.
On the YJ there are two key connection points, 1 bundle is where the engine harness plugs in, the other is the jeep ECU connector if you keep the jeep wiring most of your connections can be made there.. You WILL need a good jeep wiring diagram.

If that new harness is complete its got about 50% wires you don't need. FWIW.
Old 12-12-2021 | 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Oh that extra 02 connection, I "think" on my 07 it was on the transmission harness. But I used a Terminator so no factory wiring on the engine.
Old 12-14-2021 | 09:19 AM
Teching In

"I have a pdf of the engine wiring that used for a 2013 model E38. I THINK the wiring is the same? but not 100% on that. I think it covers from 2007+ ECMs?"

I did find that one as well. A lot of the information is similar and I have been able to mostly sort through the rest. Thank you!

Last edited by 6.2Jeep; 12-14-2021 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Add Quote
Old 12-14-2021 | 09:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
Just 2 cents but,, Cut your losses money and time and buy the Painless harness to replace the TJ wiring, Just did a YJ,, took me days to sort the factory harness, I could a had it running in a weekend had I just gutted the factory harness. The jeep wiring is a rats nest of cross fed circuits from under the dash to in the engine bay. AND a lot of the wiring is sadly undersized. (mostly 18G)

2nd choice is take the jeep fuse box out, label all the wires and attach them to the Chevy under hood fuse block, basically merge them there..
You only need main power, fuel pump, etc, nothing tricky. The jeep uses a lot of feedback circuits to the engine ECU as well that take a while to sort.
On the YJ there are two key connection points, 1 bundle is where the engine harness plugs in, the other is the jeep ECU connector if you keep the jeep wiring most of your connections can be made there.. You WILL need a good jeep wiring diagram.

If that new harness is complete its got about 50% wires you don't need. FWIW.
Thanks for the reply! I will be needing most of the harness. This is a DBW gen 4, I am also keeping all of the emissions stuff, as I want it to pass locally here in Utah, and it really doesn't seem to be too big of a deal, just a bit more patience. I am also adding the BCM, so I can have cruise, tap shifting, tow/haul and remote start. There really isn't much I can delete from the GM harness maybe half a dozen circuits. But, you're correct on the Jeep side. It will require a bit of removing to get rid of what I don't need there. I have been able to locate most of the circuit information that I was needing and as nice as it would be to get one "pre made" I am in no real hurry, still waiting on a bunch of parts as well. I don't plan on completion until spring and this will give me much more intimate insight into the workings for future upgrades or repairs. Thanks a million for you input, as all of it is useful!

Quick Reply: Pinouts and schematics needed L9H/6L80 2009 Yukon Denali