Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L99 6l80e and wiring the brake pedal, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default L99 6l80e and wiring the brake pedal, HELP

So I've wired the brake pedal up on my swap. For reference, Ive got a 2015 Camaro SS w/ 6l80e. Ive converted the L99 to LS3 spec. Everything is wired up and working correctly, EXCEPT the brake pedal. I seem to have run into a weird situation and I'm kind of lost

Here is another thread talking about the same issue https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-signal-to-e38

I'm going against X9 on the ECM harness. Im basing that off of https://lt1swap.com/2010camaro_ecm_pinouts.htm

I've got a 5 post relay that Im using a on/off switch on the brake pedal to power.

Here is the behavior of the relay:
- 0V when brakes not applied (attached to ground)
- 12V when brakes are applied

Using HPTuners, I can see the scanner show me that when the engine is off, the brake pedal reads correctly as on/off. When I turn the engine on, HPT stops showing any change. It just stays off even if I push the brake in. I've used my multimeter and the voltages and behavior do not change when the engine is running. I am throwing DTC P057C per the scanner. Ive tried clearing it, it keeps coming back. I actually dont know why its throwing that? It seems to throw it whether Ive got my custom 5 post relay or the OEM brake switch?

Things I've tried:
1. I bought the actual OEM brake pedal switch for a 2015 camaro. I wired up the signal to X9, Gnd to GND and 12v to 12v. It has the exact same behavior - works when engine is off, doesnt when on
2. I saw someone suggest wiring to the TCM connector too. I'm actually not sure how the camaro OS works, but I figured what the heck, why not. I wired to pin 6 on the 6l80e. This seems to make no difference, it works when engine off, doesnt work when engine on.
3. I tried putting a 1k resister inline on the ground signal for X9. That doesnt seem to have done anything

Help please?

Old 07-03-2022, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The brake pedal for 2015 Camaro is a dual sensor. 1 half goes to the ECM and the other to the BCM. X1 at the ECM has terminal 54 is the 5v, 26 is the sensor signal and 42 is ground in the ecm..
Old 07-03-2022, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CutLS
The brake pedal for 2015 Camaro is a dual sensor. 1 half goes to the ECM and the other to the BCM. X1 at the ECM has terminal 54 is the 5v, 26 is the sensor signal and 42 is ground in the ecm..

Oh interesting. I'm wired with generic 12v and generic ground. You are saying 5v and specific ground. Perhaps that's the problem. I'll check it out soon and see. Ty for the advise!
Old 07-06-2022, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CutLS
Well I can confirm that the brake pedal sensor is indeed a +5V reference, not a +12V. However, wiring it like this hasnt fixed my actual problem. I've attached the FSM wiring schematic for the Brake pedal sensor below. Pretty hard to deny the "5 VOLT REFERENCE" running to the switch. Still, no bueno. It works when the engine is off, doesnt work when the engine is on. Argh. Any other ideas?

Old 08-03-2022, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Any headway on this? I’m having the same issue

Quick Reply: L99 6l80e and wiring the brake pedal, HELP